• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It turns out that "man business" is not considered sufficient response to spousal inquiries as to my destination. :dunno:

Responding to further inquiries with

"Man business, I said!"

and

"I don't think you get the concept of man business."

did not seem to placate her curiosity, but it did draw the conversation out long enough to give her time to think of something else to talk about.

For the benefit of those members relatively new to the marriage/relationship game, thought maybe the rest of us could drop these nuggets on them for future reference. Any other helpful observations from the INGO crowd?

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Apparently "woman, go make me a sandwich" is not a valid substitute for "honey, whats for dinner?". :dunno:

But hey! What do I know, I was married for 12.5yrs and was smart enough to get rid of her and even more smart enough to not do it again...marriage. :D

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    It turns out that "man business" is not considered sufficient response to spousal inquiries as to my destination. :dunno:

"Man business, I said!"

and

did not seem to placate her curiosity, but it did draw the conversation out long enough to give her time to think of something else to talk about.

For the benefit of those members relatively new to the marriage/relationship game, thought maybe the rest of us could drop these nuggets on them for future reference. Any other helpful observations from the INGO crowd?

I've tried this before, usually getting a sneering retort back. I've tried nun-ya, with the same result. Just tell her where you're going. It generally goes smoother. The answer I get to this is, do you have money, or how are you paying? OK, have fun.

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    Apparently "woman, go make me a sandwich" is not a valid substitute for "honey, whats for dinner?". :dunno:

I once asked my mother... "You got my dinner ready yet, Woman?"

She replied, "Uh... would you like to rephrase that?"

I said, "Sure. Woman! You got my dinner ready yet?"

I was joking of course...

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne

"Man business, I said!"

and

The comeback would be.... " Man business, huh? Well, I guess someone decided to hold a Ball Scratching Convention somewhere and you got free tickets? " :D Don't underestimate the wives. :rockwoot:

capn willie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Man Bidness is one of the 4 "B" 's - let her sort it out.

Bullets
    Beer
    Boobs
    Bacon

No further explanation should be required

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    "Man who fight all day, get no piece at night"
    -Confucious

Ive learned that what's hers is hers, and what's mine... Is hers as well.

There is a time and a place to be a wise-ass... It only takes one slip to learn to tell the difference.

and last but not least...

A Happy Life Is A Happy Wife.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I find that being vague helps. I'm not married, but if I tell her I'm going to look for rings, she's extremely happy. However, if I say that I'm going to the gun show in search of new scope rings and glass for a bolt gun project, I get eye rolls and a future discussion of "do you ever think about researching rings?" Of course I research first! You can't put just any old set of rings on and expect them to work! Sheesh.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

"Man business, I said!"

and

Unless you're headed to the john, it wouldn't pass muster in this house either.

There are only two types of man business that I can think of and both should be taking place INSIDE the home, with no one else, and with proper clean-up taking place after.

My advice: don't forget the your anniversary, wife's birthday, and mother's day all in the same year. ;)

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Unless you're headed to the john, it wouldn't pass muster in this house either.

There are only two types of man business that I can think of and both should be taking place INSIDE the home, with no one else, and with proper clean-up taking place after.

My advice: don't forget the your anniversary, wife's birthday, and mother's day all in the same year. ;)

I got points for getting her a Aquamarine ring for my son's birth in march (his birthstone), but didn't get her anything for her first mother's day in may. She still reminds me of that. I should've just held onto that ring for a couple more months.

Top Bottom