INGO lower receiver. One step closer. Chime in!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pay for one of these Lowers?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I would be interested in meeting up with some people. The range part might be a problem though as there isn't really any place to shoot at.
    ^^this. There are plenty of good places to meet up for a good meal, the shooting part on the other hand would be difficult. Outside of the FOP, Shelbyville is pretty much worthless in the range department.

Count me in for a lower for sure, especially if the dealer is Bobcat. I'd only have to drive 10 minutes to get it :):

EDIT: I too feel like I'm in the minority not liking the bacon option. While it's not a selling point, it might be nice to have something different.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I saw somewhere that Bobcat was open tuesday through saturday. If that is the case, with the 2 hour drive I will be unable to get one as that is my work week as well. If they will ship them to another closer FFL, I will still be in for one even at the higher cost.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I would bet it's more of a $ thing. Bobcat would still get $100 per lower, then ad shipping and a transfer from the new shop.
    Maybe they could work out a deal with a FFL up North and one down South, but you would still have about $20+/- more per lower.

My guess is that INGO would be fronting the money for manufacture so we will pay them/it/him/Fenway. Bobcat would only collect the transfer fee. The question that just popped up in my head is who would collect the sales tax? I don't think INGO has a sales tax number so what I said above may be incorrect. Plus transfers aren't taxable as they are a service not a product. If Bobcat "sells" us the lower and collects sales tax then presumably there wouldn't be a transfer fee.. I don't know of any reputable LGS's that charge a transfer fee for a firearm you purchased from them.
    If the manufacturer will only ship to one FFL then there presumably would be a fee for Bobcat to send them to another FFL. If not for the paperwork then for at least the shipping.
    So many details. :)

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    INGO is buying the lowers from BCI. Bobcat is simply transferring them. Tax paid is on our end. You are way over thinking and over complicating this.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Since this is just a "feeler" thread ... when will the "official order" thread begin? Will INGO dust covers (or other INGO swag) also be available to purchase when we pick up the lower?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    INGO is buying the lowers from BCI. Bobcat is simply transferring them. Tax paid is on our end. You are way over thinking and over complicating this.

No offense intended. Just going through all the different scenarios. I've been part of other online events such as this and lots of small details were missed. As I said earlier this is appreciated and I'm in for 1.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Since this is just a "feeler" thread ... when will the "official order" thread begin? Will INGO dust covers (or other INGO swag) also be available to purchase when we pick up the lower?
    Agreed. Just to make it even more complicated is there any chance of reserving a particular serial number?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    The number I would want may or may not be within the realm of the numbers ordered. It depends on how many lowers are ordered. It wouldn't be a custom number. I understand not wanting to do custom numbers.

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    The number I would want may or may not be within the realm of the numbers ordered. It depends on how many lowers are ordered. It wouldn't be a custom number. I understand not wanting to do custom numbers.

^This. If the count goes high enough, I would like to have #77 and 78 if possible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom