• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Rowing machines are evil and fantastic workouts. You work your legs, core, and arms. The only worse machine is the Schwinn Aerodyne....those are the DEVIL!!!!

Im sure people at the gym think i'm absolutely insane on it since all i do is listen to comedy stations so i'm on the thing pooring sweat and laughing to myself. I get some great looks of confusion and curiosity. But i had another day where i burned 400+ calories in under 30 minutes and got a full body warm up from hell.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I'm 9 lbs. from my goal weight and have hit a serious plateau. Stalled at my current weight for 2 weeks now without any loss despite no change in diet / exercise. I've read these plateaus are normal, but hopefully I can bust through it soon. Very discouraging.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Im sure people at the gym think i'm absolutely insane on it since all i do is listen to comedy stations so i'm on the thing pooring sweat and laughing to myself. I get some great looks of confusion and curiosity. But i had another day where i burned 400+ calories in under 30 minutes and got a full body warm up from hell.
    Ha. I'll do a 5k in just under 20 minutes and when I'm done my legs are jello. The thing that drives me crazy about the rowing machine (we use the Concept 2 rowers) is that it keeps track of my 500m split and I'll keep my split around 2:00 if I'm going a long distance like a 5k and knowing my split times, I'll have my overall time figuted out long before I finish...I hate that.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm 9 lbs. from my goal weight and have hit a serious plateau. Stalled at my current weight for 2 weeks now without any loss despite no change in diet / exercise. I've read these plateaus are normal, but hopefully I can bust through it soon. Very discouraging.

You'll get there, Lectric. Just keep at it. Make a small change if you can, like drinking more water or walking a few more steps in the parking lot.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Oh, about 6 weeks ago I decided that I needed to lean out after focusing on muscle building for the last 2 years. I started off 6 weeks ago at 256lbs and my end goal was 240lbs. Cutting sweets and breads, I'm down to 243lbs. I might readjust my goal to 235lbs but that will be the rock bottom weight. It's a great feeling when I take a 2 week vacation from work (I didn't actually go anywhere) and when I returned to work my uniform was actually looser on me than when I started my vacation. My duty belt is extremely unforgiving when it comes to weight.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Due to a heart attack I suffered on March 12th I have become a somewhat reluctant member of the fitness club. When I had my attack I weight 244.8 lbs. Now, after a couple weeks of cardiac rehab I am down to 224.0. My goal is to get below 200.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Anyone else use creatine and such?

I take protein powder, 10 g of creatine and 10 g of glutamine per day to supplement the diet.

I used creatine for about one month, but really didn't see any difference in using it or not so I stopped. I eat about 2 or 3 Pure Protein bars at work and a single serving of tuna fish (that's my lunch) at work. I then eat a regular dinner when I get home. I started out at 200 lbs., my goal is to get down to 170 lbs., I'm down to 178 right now. I have also noticed that I'm a little bit toner now with less of a beer gut, my wife has noticed also. :yesway:

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    When I was in in Boot camp I used gnc vita pack that had Creative in it. I went from 198lbs -210 in a couple of months. It helped my gains a lot but a draw back was that I put on a lot of water weight I could physicaly tell I was holding water. By the way I'm 6'3" so the I'm not a wide body. It really helps with your endurance as far as reps not sure about running which was an average of 4-5 miles a day for me. Protein there is lots of ways to get protein other than protein powder. Some healthy example s are chicken tunna and eggs. If you chose to use powder be careful on which one you use look at the calories per serving. I wouldn't recommend weight gainers they are very high in calories and you can easily get fat off that stuff. I would also recommend a good pre work out I use C4 and it works great and taste amazing I just picked up a bottle today from GNC for $38 with membership. I tried other stuff but just went back to this because it taste so good and works great I got pink lemonade flavor.
    Anyone else use creatine and such?

I take protein powder, 10 g of creatine and 10 g of glutamine per day to supplement the diet.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Did 800 pushups in 1:40 on Wednesday night, today we did 3.4 miles on the trail, and tonight I will do at least 500 pushups. The trail run was rough today, I can tell I haven't been spending enough time on the elliptical, and there was a P51 and P80 flying around to distract me (they were practicing for Thunder over Louisville).

My push ups have really been improving the last few weeks, I normally do a set of as many as I can to start out, then try to do as many sets of 50 as possible. Wed night I did 95 first set, and was able to do 80 the second, then 65, then numerous sets of 50. I hope to hit 100 my first set tonight.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    whew, 2nd night this week running. Getting back to normal, slowly. Need to not be lazy and take the winter off next year :):

Top Bottom