• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Anyone doing one leg push ups?

I can't tell if there's a difference between this version and having both legs on the ground.

OneLegPushup_0.png

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yes, in yoga we do one legged push ups and planks.

And that's supposed to be more challenging than regular pushups?

I can't figure out the physics behind it.
    Supposedly your hands and your foot are now each supporting 1/3 of your bodyweight as opposed to 1/4 if both your feet are touching the ground. :dunno:
    Not that your bodyweight would be equally distributed.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And that's supposed to be more challenging than regular pushups?

I can't figure out the physics behind it.
    Supposedly your hands and your foot are now each supporting 1/3 of your bodyweight as opposed to 1/4 if both your feet are touching the ground. :dunno:
    Not that your bodyweight would be equally distributed.

Yes, more challenging, but as to balance, not strength.

Do not forget, I am in a medium sized city across the river from a university town. We get a lot of the AAE crowd (Amber, Angela, and Emily) that crosses the river. AAEs want pilates, piyo and all that trendy crap.

My teacher incorporates a lot of "core" and "isometric core" and whatever the buzz term is for 22 year old females. It's good to mix it up, but really Old Man Freeman just wants to stretch and stay supple.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Got back at it today, hard.

Martial arts tonight. Two man drills, mook drills and then circle sparring, monkey in the middle, until the monkey became exhausted. Then right on our backs for turtle drills (knocked to ground, fight way back up). Ended the night with forearm/grip exercises.

Good sweat. Good training, but really it was just good to see the boys. Sparring guys less than half my age, I know I am far too long in the tooth to be a badass, I really just come for the comradery.:D

Hit the martial arts club again tomorrow AM and then yoga in the PM.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My lungs are improving. I floated in the hot tub instead of sinking!

i’m down 17# from my procedure day mid November :rockwoot:. Thumb is healing. Going to hit the gym next week I think.

Pull ups way way easier now

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For those doing Paleo...

What sorts of things do you do for your daily meals?

Do you find it difficult to find the right types of meat and fish? Assuming you aren't a hunter, where are you getting grass-fed beef? I've barely looked into it... is that even an option at a typical grocery store or do you have to go somewhere specific to find non grain-fed beef?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    For those doing Paleo...

Do you find it difficult to find the right types of meat and fish? Assuming you aren't a hunter, where are you getting grass-fed beef? I've barely looked into it... is that even an option at a typical grocery store or do you have to go somewhere specific to find non grain-fed beef?

I won't be much help as I consider myself to me about 80% Paleo. We do find grass-fed beef but I bet most of it is finished out with grain. I live with it. I also drink alcohol. Not much(a beer on Friday and on Saturday, once in awhile a glass of wine and recently I'll drink a bourbon on rare occasion). I live with it.

I don't eat other grains, no dairy, very little gluten.

I keep it simple. I eat meat, vegetables, fruits. Not much in the way of sweets. Zero processed foods.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    caveman-diet.jpg

For those doing Paleo...

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Ugh, been sick for the first month of 2018.

Signed up for a 50k trail race in May.

Been rock climbing a bunch lately as well. Once I got over being scared of dangling by a rope 40 feet in the air, I'm having a damn good time with this. Working muscles I've never worked and stretching. Plus, it's all body weight work, so pretty dang good for supplementing running. Highly recommended.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Just getting over atypical (walking) pneumonia. I have not been that sick in close to 5 years. Going to give it one more day of rest then slowly get back on the workout routine.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    For those doing Paleo...

I think if you truly want the best quality meat, CrowdCow is an option. It's expensive, but I think it's the purest beef you can get.

www.crowdcow.com

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    What happened to this thread? Y'all been slacking off?

I'm trying to get my ass back in shape. I stopped workouts after a minor car accident in Feb.

Tonight:
    Night run while wearing a FirstSpear vest + full wrap lv IIIa + front & rear uhmwpe rifle plates (21.5 lbs) AND an @hsgi I battle belt with GCODE mag pouches (4.5 lbs). Can't be seen in daylight with a color combination like this! #weightedwednesday

f2146b118453f54d9ca0e59d27e5f749.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom