^^^^^See. Guns. ^^^^^^
    Lotsa places on the web to see boobies. This is a site about guns. :dunno:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    How familiar are we with him? How many posts? How long around? If I saw a back and forth between you and some newbie or someone that is obviously a flipper, I would just assume the problem is him unless or until proven otherwise.

Nope, my only negative feedback was that exact situation. Guy backed out on me after wasting a bunch of my time so I neg reped him. He neg repped me back and I was stuck with it. Blah

He joined in July 2012 and has 567 posts, 3 of which are in the BST thread. His previous posts were in August and June of this year. Everything was dealt with via PM's. I knew something was fishy when he bumped the thread while I was waiting on him to come up with a date and location to meet. I feel it is right to leave him negative rep for backing out the way he did but I'm not going to sully my rep when he neg reps me in retaliation. I know on other boards the mods will take care of it but from what Fordtough is saying that won't happen. I guess I'll just leave it alone and put him on a do not deal with list and block him like the others.
    Thanks for the info everyone.
    I will say that other than this one dipsh!t all of my experience with the classifieds have been positive and I will continue to use them.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Not on this site, but lately I've had some bad experiences with people regarding an item I have for sale. One guy wanted me to drive over 200 miles for a meet. Another guy said that he wanted the item and got all the information for a meet and then just backed out. Another guy made me an offer and when I didn't respond within an hour, he said he bought something else since I didn't respond. I don't have a smart phone and am not glued to my desk top computer all day waiting for some low ball offer. There, I got that off my chest.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    In a free market value is defined only as what a willing seller and willing buyer can agree on. While I agree with your point entirely people have every right to ask more that an item is worth. IF some fool pays that amount so much the better for the seller.

comm2679

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    East Central
    Not on this site, but lately I've had some bad experiences with people regarding an item I have for sale. One guy wanted me to drive over 200 miles for a meet. Another guy said that he wanted the item and got all the information for a meet and then just backed out. Another guy made me an offer and when I didn't respond within an hour, he said he bought something else since I didn't respond. I don't have a smart phone and am not glued to my desk top computer all day waiting for some low ball offer. There, I got that off my chest.

Sorry to to hear this. I belong to an automotive forum and have bought and sold in the classifieds. Out of probably 20 interactions I've had two probable scammers. You've got to watch your back on the internet.

Funny thing is, one of the scammers was trying to make the deal contingent on me driving my for-sale item about 150 miles to meet in the middle. What ended up turning me completely off to the deal was the fact that, without me questioning his integrity whatsoever, he started to try and strangely justify his legitimacy by sending me a link to a shop's website and saying he was the owner and that he wouldn't scam me. What is a scammer going to gain by making me drive 150 miles to a sale that he's probably not going to show up for? The only things I can think of are 1. Sticking you up at the meet location or 2. Trolling.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Sorry to to hear this. I belong to an automotive forum and have bought and sold in the classifieds. Out of probably 20 interactions I've had two probable scammers. You've got to watch your back on the internet.

Funny thing is, one of the scammers was trying to make the deal contingent on me driving my for-sale item about 150 miles to meet in the middle. What ended up turning me completely off to the deal was the fact that, without me questioning his integrity whatsoever, he started to try and strangely justify his legitimacy by sending me a link to a shop's website and saying he was the owner and that he wouldn't scam me. What is a scammer going to gain by making me drive 150 miles to a sale that he's probably not going to show up for? The only things I can think of are 1. Sticking you up at the meet location or 2. Trolling.
    There are some real weirdo's out there. I've bought and sold things for many years and on most legit sites, like this one, I've had no problems. Mostly I've dealt with honest and sincere people who are good to their word. Just like gun shows though, one has to be alert. There are people out there that will sell junk that appears on the surface to be good, play you and some that will rip you off!

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I had a guy finally accept my offer but say he was going to be out of town for an undetermined number of days and that he'd message me when he got back. When he got back on, he started by bumping his WTS post and didn't bother reaching back out to me. I dropped the neg rep for backing out of the deal (after giving him another day to contact me) and he responded with one for me along with a message telling me he didn't know what my problem was.

Captaincrunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Evansville
    You don't how hard it is to bite your tongue when you see an ad where the price of something is a few hundred dollars above where it should be. And don't get me started on round count. I always automatically X5 whatever is posted.

If a gun isn't sealed in the box, it isn't new. Ever. Not even if your grandmother is selling it to you.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I realize the obsession with Salma Hayek. Very nice. Clearly she has guns but...does she know how to use them?
    How about a someone that really knows what to do with a weapon? How about KJW?
    KJW-Yoga1.png

Attachments

• KJW-2.jpg
      KJW-2.jpg
      54.9 KB · Views: 57

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If a gun isn't sealed in the box, it isn't new. Ever. Not even if your grandmother is selling it to you.

I'll go one further. If it has ever been transferred is is used. I don't care if it still sealed in the box...

I realize the obsession with Salma Hayek. Very nice. Clearly she has guns but...does she know how to use them?
    How about a someone that really knows what to do with a weapon? How about KJW?
    View attachment 62417

Ok, well then I'm going to have to throw in Jessie

Jessie-Harrison.jpg

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I'm gonna switch gears here. What do I see in the classifieds other than someone trying to either get their money out of something and sell it for top dollar? They fall for the latest and greatest new gizmo in the sponsored gun rags and when it is not what they expected think "oh f***, I spent money on this turd"and need to recoupe. Reminds me of a guy who would buy or trade a new traditional bow every month or so because it wasn't what he expected. Got news for ya. In many cases it ain't the bow (or gun) it's the bow (or gun) holder. Same with what one thinks is a collector item. Yeah, you overpaid for a turd. Marketing plays a role along with a variety of factors and one needs to separate the wheat from the chaff. Do your research, talk to people in the know (that's another issue) and spend your dollars accordingly. There has only been one firearm since 2008 that I've seen in these classifieds and really wanted. Already taken but called seconds.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Women shooters, with a score sheet to prove it, are great.
    Otherwise, I don't think us slobbering over boob pictures portray us as Hoosier gun owners favorably. :twocents:

url
    url

maxresdefault.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Ever notice the number of ad's still open by those who barely have enough or those with several hundred posts and join dates of 3yrs or more not the serious squatters, but those who come and go every few months to sell something. I just reported close to a dozen that go back to the end of Nov in the long gun and handgun section. Sorry Mods.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ever notice the number of ad's still open by those who barely have enough or those with several hundred posts and join dates of 3yrs or more not the serious squatters, but those who come and go every few months to sell something. I just reported close to a dozen that go back to the end of Nov in the long gun and handgun section. Sorry Mods.

Ha..........:):

Top Bottom