• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was curious about the carry situation, as well.....I read somewhere not long ago that state fairgrounds were not carry friendly, open or concealed. Made NO sense to me bc its a GUN show, fer cryin out loud. So, hmmm. *confused*

The fairgrounds are off limits during the State Fair by law. All other times it's just like any other business.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Scutter is correct.

The *State Fair* (event) is off-limits. The *Fairgrounds* (physical location) are OK.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was wondering about the ziptie rule....

I'd like to try some holsters that might fit my BDE, but because there aren't many holsters made for my gun I kind need to try them to see if the fit if it looks close. So.... can I carry it in a case with a lock and forego the ziptie, or can I break the ziptie somehow and just put another on it?

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Some of the vendors usually have extra zip ties. I'm not sure if they are supposed to but I have seen them being cut off and put back on for just such things.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, I'll just ask tomorrow when I get there. Last time I went I forgot to unload my mags and had to sit there at that table and unload them. :): That was fun. So don't forget to do that before you get to the door.

Oh and make sure you have no holes in your top jacket pockets or your bullets will fall inbetween the fabric in your coat. All the way to the bottom... :rolleyes:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    lol i take no chances. I even had to park on the street to drop my kid off at school after her doctors appointment. Concealed may be concealed, but I'm not that much of a risk taker I guess... :D

what was... entertaining was when my 10yo asks why we have to park in the street and I had to explain it to her and my 3 and 4yo also... :laugh:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Are there lots of AR things???? Like Rear sights? Weaver risers?????? PLEASE SAY YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Woo and or Hoo...stopped by the fair grounds when I got off work. Hmm bout an hour before the 1500 opening. Stood in and watched the line grow to WELL over 500 people atleast....glad I got there when I did lol.

Anyways, met Kokomo Dave briefly in my search for Bersa .45 mags which alluded me yet again...guess I'll just have to factory order'em.

Saw Fenway again and met Nate, picked up a bunch of sweet INGO swag.:D

Nice looking AR there Fen :yesway: Just curious though did you build it around the INGO velcro patch? (j/k)

Hope to see everybody at the dinner tomorrow night! :yesway: :patriot:

Rog

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Woo and or Hoo...stopped by the fair grounds when I got off work. Hmm bout an hour before the 1500 opening. Stood in and watched the line grow to WELL over 500 people atleast....glad I got there when I did lol.

Anyways, met Kokomo Dave briefly in my search for Bersa .45 mags which alluded me yet again...guess I'll just have to factory order'em.

Saw Fenway again and met Nate, picked up a bunch of sweet INGO swag.:D

Nice looking AR there Fen :yesway: Just curious though did you build it around the INGO velcro patch? (j/k)

Hope to see everybody at the dinner tomorrow night! :yesway: :patriot:

Rog

Did you happen across a bunch of AR stuff?

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    That's weird cause 21st Century let us carry in their store and I thought it was a great place with great staff!

yeah come to think about it, most shops in or around Indy are carry friendly. They just want it to be unloaded while in the store.

Doesn't seem too unreasonable to me...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom