• Status
    Not open for further replies.

seahawk610

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Great meet and greet

I just want to say i enjoyed the AR-15 meet and greet today, or as my friend Jim called it the ogole and drool get togther, i want to say thank you to the group for making this website and the group possible.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

Indybeerman

Thats my paint job :rockwoot:

VERY nice meeting all of you, the names are already leaving me... i am utterly shocked at how many people i got to talk to today.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    WOW... Just WOW, Great to do the face name game with some of yal. Most I have never seen so many unsupervised firearms anywhere :D Is INGO just that trust worthy... or was it cause everyone was pack'n :dunno:

HUGE THANKS TO MCF&G FOR THEIR SPACE, AND TO
    THOSE WHO PUT UP THE TIME AND EFFORT (& $...name tags)
    WITH THE LOGISTICS! I'M SURE FENWAY WILL PUT A
    LITTLE BIT EXTRA IN YOUR INGO CHECK THIS MONTH

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Thanks to all who brought their AR's for display.:rockwoot: Saw an old bowling pin buddy, that was great! Like many have said conversations abounded (that's good) so I didn't talk to everyone,(we're too polite to interrupt) but sincerely enjoyed talking with a dozen or so INGO'rs about AR's,:ar15: Redneckmedic's upcoming class:yesway:,training etc.Very much enjoyed talking to all of you! Magnificent event! To be a FREE American and assemble to look at and talk about guns!:patriot:

squisher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    My wife got to hold a couple, as did I, we know more now which direction we want to take. I think we'll end up with a flat-top 16" barrel in 5.56/.223 and a collapsible stock to deal with the differences in our heights. Anna seemed to really appreciate the ones with the extra pistol grip attached to the handguard on a couple of them.

(We were the ones earlier in the afternoon with the little guy running around).

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    To whoever brought the 6.5 Grendal with the 24 inch bbl, I'm even more convinced that is the route I want to go with with my next upper. :ar15:

Glad you enjoyed it! Let me know if you need any help in planning out your build. It was a 28", btw:cool:

I really enjoyed this event. It was nice to be able to play with all of the optics and lights that everyone had. It has me rethinking a lot of what I had planned....

YAY FOR COOKIES!!!:popcorn:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    GREAT event. VUPDblue said he printed out 150 nametags, and we only had a handful left at the end of the day. I stopped counting at 50 guns; I know a few more drifted in after that.

It was good to talk with folks and check out the toys. As I remarked several times, the beauty of the AR system shows when you have 50+ guns in one place, and no two of them are exactly alike.

I wonder if there would be any interest in an AK Open House in the future? :dunno:

Pics shortly.

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Quote: I wonder if there would be any interest in an AK Open House in the future?

I would be interested.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I wonder if there would be any interest in an AK Open House in the future? :dunno:

Commie.

Really though, I would be down for that as well. Heck, this went so well you guys might think of just having a bring your guns open house at a bigger place to accommodate all kinds of guns and more people.

Edit: I was standing around when you were explaining your suppressors. Thanks a lot for the information.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    My wife and I stopped in for about half an hour. I got to place a couple of faces with names, but like another has already said, there were a lot of people who I didn't recognize. It's easy to forget how big of a site this has become.

I talked to a couple of guys (Techres and someone else... can't remember the name right now) about the Appleseed shoot. I've been thinking about going to one for a while, so this year is when I'm going. They even said that my wife could come and shoot free, and that there would probably be a loaner rifle for her to use.

After today I'm more than convinced that I need to get an AR. I'm looking to sell my SKS and all the ammo for that, so I'll have a pretty nice down payment on one. But, I do see a very, very large problem with getting into the AR platform. From the looks of the open house today, AR's are kind of like Pringles; once you pop, you can't stop. ;)

Even though we only stayed for half an hour and didn't get much of a chance to talk to anyone, it was a lot of fun. We definitely need to have an annual AR drool-fest.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Yup, I brought home 16 of the 150 name tags I printed and I KNOW that not everyone got one. There were some spouses and friends (non INGOers) who didn't wear one... I would say that we had right around 150 people in and out during the event.

This was E P I C and the kind of thing that makes INGO great :ingo: :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom