• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Maybe 2 classes, rimfire and centerfire on the pistol . Of course then you're getting all complicated and these things are hard enough to manage when they are kept simple. So either way is OK with me( not like my vote counts anyway!)
    I've read the thread twice and can't find any indication of the sizes of the targets.
    Are there gonna be multiple different sized targets at different ranges or one target at each range and ten rds/target?
    Looking for a little specificity so I can go set up and shoot at targets like we'll be using.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Maybe 2 classes, rimfire and centerfire on the pistol . Of course then you're getting all complicated and these things are hard enough to manage when they are kept simple. So either way is OK with me( not like my vote counts anyway!)
    I've read the thread twice and can't find any indication of the sizes of the targets.
    Are there gonna be multiple different sized targets at different ranges or one target at each range and ten rds/target?
    Looking for a little specificity so I can go set up and shoot at targets like we'll be using.

pistol targets will be 10 inch squares down to 1 inchx5 inch wind chimes at various ranges. ill probably set the pistol competition up in 5 minutes right before the shoot saying "that looks about right"

the rimfire will be a 6 inch square

the rifle will be a full size torso. from bobcat steel. exact dementions can be found on his site.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I would definately agree with you on that. Its sounds silly but I'm more comfortable with the 725 yd shot than I am with the 200 yd rimfire. I've done it more ya know?

ive done both about equal, but im more consistant @ the 725. plus the 725 is alot bigger target. the moa value works out about the same but a wind gust doesn't do to a 140gr bullet what it does to a slow 40gr bullet

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I really hope this is something you guys will be doing again at some point. We finally have a shooting event within a reasonable distance of where I live and I'm gonna be laid up recovering from surgery at the time! (no big deal, just gall bladder) Plus, I am in the process of getting a new SR-22 and this sounds like a great place to give it a workout.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Reasonable distance? I'm driving 4 hours on 4 hours of sleep!

it builds charactor:D

my goal is to build a 20ish ft shooting tower on the farm to where i can host stuff like this more often. keep in mind goal and going to happen are somtimes 2 diffrent things. in the summer time when crops are in i go froma 700+ yd range to about 400yds.

ive kind of thought about doing a walk threw the woods steel challenge sort of shoot in the summer. we will just have to see

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    it builds charactor:D

my goal is to build a 20ish ft shooting tower on the farm to where i can host stuff like this more often. keep in mind goal and going to happen are somtimes 2 diffrent things. in the summer time when crops are in i go froma 700+ yd range to about 400yds.

ive kind of thought about doing a walk threw the woods steel challenge sort of shoot in the summer. we will just have to see

I know what you mean. I've driven a lot further for a shooting event. Its just getting to the point now where I have to choose between gasoline or ammo...and it sucks.

I'm just looking to blame my poor shooting on. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom