• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    If you are worried about rust check out the parkerized model. I have had a parkerized P32 for about 3 years and it looks great without any rust.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I carried one for several years, but I finally traded up to.... a prettier one. OD green. I do find that if I carry a hollowpoint, (corbon) for a long time, they do have feeding issues. I believe this to be related to pushback from multiple rechambering on the same round. But that's just my opinion. FMJs feed fine. Never had any trouble with a jacketed hard ball.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I carried one for several years, but I finally traded up to.... a prettier one. OD green. I do find that if I carry a hollowpoint, (corbon) for a long time, they do have feeding issues. I believe this to be related to pushback from multiple rechambering on the same round. But that's just my opinion. FMJs feed fine. Never had any trouble with a jacketed hard ball.

So why are you unchambering and rechambering the same round? I don't understand this. Why does one need to do this over and over? Leave your gun along with one in the pipe. The only reason to unchamber a round is when cleaning your weapon or for handling the gun for other purposes like unloading for gun show, checking for new holster fit, showing your gun to someone, etc., etc. Carry your gun loaded and store it in a safe loaded.

rhkirk1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    I carry my p32 in the summer every day. I carry FMJ only to get that extra penetration and to avoid the rimlock issue. They certainly do not have the best finish like others have said. Mine has had a few rust spots on the slide, but it has never failed to fire. I carry the 10-rounder as an extra mag. This gives you a total of 18 rounds in a tiny package.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Can you carry a HP in the chamber with FMJ loaded in the magazine and avoid rim lock or jaming?

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Can you carry a HP in the chamber with FMJ loaded in the magazine and avoid rim lock or jaming?

Yes and no. The already loaded HP will not rim lock with the rounds in the magazine, but just because you have FMJ doesn't mean they can't rim lock themselves. My P32 has rim locked on occasion, and all of the rounds were FMJ. The best way to avoid rim lock is to load the rounds carefully. If the springs in the mag are stiff enough, they won't rim lock if loaded properly. Just make sure the rims are in front of the previously loaded round's rim.

I only get rim lock when I don't pay attention when reloading on the range (yes, I take my P32 to the range occasionally :cool:). You can also buy the anti-rim lock device from Kel-Tec to install in the magazine if you think it is going to be a problem.

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    i had the p32 when they first came out ...HAD... mine could not reisist dropping the magazine partially out when carried in pocket ... took it back to dealer where i got it,he returned it to manufacturer,they "fixed" it...got it back---same problem...adios p32 :)... other than all that --loved it...s&w j-frame airweight 38 is my small carry gun now...quite a bit larger, but it goes BANG every time...

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Yes and no. The already loaded HP will not rim lock with the rounds in the magazine, but just because you have FMJ doesn't mean they can't rim lock themselves. My P32 has rim locked on occasion, and all of the rounds were FMJ. The best way to avoid rim lock is to load the rounds carefully. If the springs in the mag are stiff enough, they won't rim lock if loaded properly. Just make sure the rims are in front of the previously loaded round's rim.

I only get rim lock when I don't pay attention when reloading on the range (yes, I take my P32 to the range occasionally :cool:). You can also buy the anti-rim lock device from Kel-Tec to install in the magazine if you think it is going to be a problem.

How hard is device to install? Might as well install it of its there IMO. I may need, one can never know :laugh:

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    How hard is device to install? Might as well install it of its there IMO. I may need, one can never know :laugh:

I haven't installed one in my magazines, but it doesn't appear too difficult. Check out the links below. It looks like it is called a Flyer Wire or Rim Lock Spacer.

Flyer Wire
    Kel-Tec CNC - P-32 Accessories - P32-314 Rim Lock Spacer

Kel Tec's website has them listed for 9 dollars, but I'm sure you could find them cheaper elsewhere on the internet. It's literally just a small metal wire, and the guy from that first link made one himself. His site has some good information about the P32.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    . Never had any trouble with a jacketed hard ball.

So why are you unchambering and rechambering the same round? I don't understand this. Why does one need to do this over and over? Leave your gun along with one in the pipe. The only reason to unchamber a round is when cleaning your weapon or for handling the gun for other purposes like unloading for gun show, checking for new holster fit, showing your gun to someone, etc., etc. Carry your gun loaded and store it in a safe loaded. /QUOTE]

Oh, you know me. Just can't resist "coonfingering" the cute little thing. Mostly at gun shows and airports. Or maybe I just like to clear out the pocket lint every month or two...

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I have carried a P32 for years as both a backup and a primary. Many years of reliable service. Even with the 10 round extended factory mag, it is still very very small. Convenient carry.

Only every carried hard ball in it. 16+ inchest in brass fetcher testing.

I will say, the finish on the slide is almost gone. I never let it get rusty, but it is scratched and worn thin. I need to get around to refinishing it someday.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom