• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J4Me

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    I'll be traveling through several states with my weapon and need a reliable, accurate source of information on each State's laws. I know which states are reciprocal with Indiana but I'm looking for info on things like, "Must the gun be concealed?"; "Do you have to notify law enforcement if you are pulled over"; "Does your gun have to be secured in any particular manner while in the vehicle?"; "Can you carry in an establishment that serves alcohol", etc. Thanks in advance.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Handgunlaw.us

Remember that you lose "safe passage" if you stop in a state for any reason, so unless you are 100% sure you are driving through a state like Illinois, take the appropriate precautions.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    http://handgunlaw.us/
    http://opencarry.org/
    The interstate firearms transportation act allows for "safe passage" as stated above, but you do not lose its protection while making reasonable stops, for example restroom breaks, fueling, etc. I've been an OTR truck driver for the last 6 years and have traveled the lower 48 quite extensively with a gun at all times. Even had a few times at scale houses where the state trooper/police admired my gun and conversed quite extensively about the laws and our shared hobby.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom