• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I was perusing AmmoSeek today and noticed that the lowest price for 9mm 115gr was from a site call ammoclearance.com and they were selling a brand of ammo called Leadhead (which is reman), with the price being $160 per 1k rounds of 9mm copper plated RN 115gr.

Anyone ever used this site or this ammo brand? That's awfully cheap and I'm tempted to pick some up to run through my bullet hoses... I mean registered machineguns. They aren't particularly picky guns, I just want to make sure the ammo isn't total garbage.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Whelp, I just ordered 3,000 round (go big or go home, I guess). I'll report back when they arrive.

They also had 147gr 9mm for $180 per 1k, so if the 115s are good, I might order a bunch of the 147s for suppressor use.

VANWAUSA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2015
    Vancouver
    I ordered 3,000 rds Wed evenging..payment posted Friday but status says "still processing"

mind if I ask what day you ordered your ammo and what your status is?

..price is right-hope it's legit!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Heck reloading it is costing about 120 a case, if you factored in the time you'd be hard pressed not to buy it... But I do enjoy some reloading.

Let us know how it goes!

VANWAUSA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2015
    Vancouver
    ammoclearance.com says they're a corporation named Ammo Clearance LLC but there are no corporations registered in montana under the names "ammo clearance" or "ammoclearance". Dang, remember the good ol' days when someone had to at least register a bogus corporation get a VISA merchant account? Dang. There goes $500..prolly some Chinese government hacker be like :rockwoot:

www.ammoclearance.com
    About Us

montana corp bus name search
    https://app.mt.gov/bes/

facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/ammoclearance

google maps produces a residential address
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...2!3m1!1s0x534537b8f1dbc02d:0x429398c048139bab

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I wouldn't give up yet. There are some very dependable companies that take a couple of weeks to process your order and the status will still show processing until a couple days after you get it.

VANWAUSA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2015
    Vancouver
    ammoclearance.com's number is disconnected so I'm going to report them and write it off as lesson learned.

I got a decent deal from freedommunitions last week with timely shipping. Will wait for another $10 flat shipping from those guys and stock up.

VANWAUSA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2015
    Vancouver
    update:
    I checked again right before posting this-it was disconnected earlier today now it's being forwarded to "an automated voice messaging system"

Left a message says I want verification they're a company or I'm reporting them, already sent an email to ammoseek.com fwiw...

VANWAUSA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2015
    Vancouver
    Now that number dials and is forwarded to an automated voice messaging system. the merchant number on my bank detail just rings with no answer.

VANWAUSA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2015
    Vancouver
    UPDATE!!!

RIGHT after I got an email from ammoseek about this and filed a claim with wells fargo the guy from ammoclearance called me back!
    He says they make the order based on each order and that it should be shipping soon. He said the company was only 3 months old (which I knew based on facebook page start date and something else.. can't remember now.)

Anyways there's a chance it's legit. Told him sorry about freaking out but you can't advertise yourself as an LLC if your not a corporation. Told him that assuming I receive my order that I'd be placing another order immediately. Woohooo!!

Will keep you guys posted :)

Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    UPDATE!!!

RIGHT after I got an email from ammoseek about this and filed a claim with wells fargo the guy from ammoclearance called me back!
    He says they make the order based on each order and that it should be shipping soon. He said the company was only 3 months old (which I knew based on facebook page start date and something else.. can't remember now.)

Anyways there's a chance it's legit. Told him sorry about freaking out but you can't advertise yourself as an LLC if your not a corporation. Told him that assuming I receive my order that I'd be placing another order immediately. Woohooo!!

Will keep you guys posted :)

A phone call will often times jumpstart action!!! I will be keeping track of this thread. Will be anxious to know what the results are.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Sorry, I just came back to this thread.

I ordered on Oct 8th. Still no shipping notification. Hopefully, we'll actually see our ammo.

The status is listed at "Processing".

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I got a UPS shipping notice for 2 packages weighing a total of 60 lbs. So unless they are shipping cinder blocks, I think my ammo is on the way.

VANWAUSA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2015
    Vancouver
    On Friday 10/16 I also received notice that a shipping label was created for 2 packages with estimated delivery Wed 10/21 but UPS indicates no packages have arrived at their facility yet. I doubt my cinder blocks will make it here by Wed.

I'm trying to get verification they actually sent something before I place another order, Beowulf does your notice indicate UPS actually is in possession of your packages?

Top Bottom