• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I did also. Then I got the flu a few weeks later. The doctor said that the vaccine they're using this year wasn't particularly effective. So why didn't you tell me that when you were pushing it?
    So you are saying my lack of a real life has more to do with not getting the flu than getting the flu shot?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I got a flu shot last fall and I’ve had symptoms for the last two days (including a migraine; my first). But it seems to be tapering off. Two days on the couch wrapped up in a comforter in a puddle of sweat shaking like a puppy ****ting peach stones and not wanting to open my eyes ain’t no fun. At least the occasional sprint to the bathroom broke the monotony.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    A stomach virus has been ripping through my department at work over the last week. I've lost 1/4 of my staff for at least two days because of it. That stuff can stay far, far away from me and my family.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have 3 G-daughters attending the local Petri dish. People send their little darlings to school sick as hell and then we all get to share in it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A stomach virus has been ripping through my department at work over the last week. I've lost 1/4 of my staff for at least two days because of it. That stuff can stay far, far away from me and my family.

Those are no fun, especially when the nausea is painful enough to require a visit to the ER, but still preferable to flu!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The doctor said that the vaccine they're using this year wasn't particularly effective. So why didn't you tell me that when you were pushing it?

Because they make the "next" season's vaccine about a year ahead of time. It's a prediction based on epidemiological models.

And they didn't tell you when they were pushing it for the exact same reason.

"They" don't know for certain which strains of Influenza will end up being the most common strains. What a better world this would be if they could.

Top Bottom