• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    I've seen this insignia in pictures and signatures here. What's the deal with it? Also, it means something different in Farsi.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Actually, I suspect NONE of you fits the more correct definition of "kafir". It's thrown around a lot lately, but to really be considered a 'kafir' by an educated Muslim, you have to have been presented Islam in an acceptable manner, one in which you had ample opportunity to accept it, and rejected it. To a more educated Muslim, Christians are generally not considered 'kafir', but a term that translates to "people of the book" (or "people of the scripture"). But that kind of takes the fun out of all of the shirts and hats that are so popular now.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Actually, I suspect NONE of you fits the more correct definition of "kafir". It's thrown around a lot lately, but to really be considered a 'kafir' by an educated Muslim, you have to have been presented Islam in an acceptable manner, one in which you had ample opportunity to accept it, and rejected it. To a more educated Muslim, Christians are generally not considered 'kafir', but a term that translates to "people of the book" (or "people of the scripture"). But that kind of takes the fun out of all of the shirts and hats that are so popular now.

You guess wrong. I would fit the definition of "kafir."

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't fit the description unless you count being approached at an intersection by a NOI member offering bean pies. :dunno:

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    I like the title so much I wear it all the time !
    And I follow the teachings of the one true GOD

aka GOD

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

I was under the impression that the extremists used the term freely and pretty loosely. So understanding the correct definition I wonder if the Muslim world ad hears to the correct definition or they banter the term around as much as we do?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't see why this is such a big issue. I don't really care if I fit the definition or not.

Top Bottom