• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    A chartered team is a guaranteed starting position on the grid. This squeezes the little guy out. Now granted there are few little guys in INDY car, but still.....I'm a better racer, better car, you who have a trillion dollars just shoved me off the track

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    It’s all about the big boys protecting their turf and income streams from all sources surrounding INDYCAR. It’s always about:
    Show me the money! :wallbash:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    OK, someone explain this charter system for one who is not into racing. They are not turning Indy car into F1, are they?
    Think of a charter like a franchise in other sports. It creates artificial scarcity that creates a value.

I think one thing to consider, often when a race team closes, their assets are simply auctioned off for pennies. A team could spend millions and recover very little of that investment. A charter helps build something long term.

There are facets of charters I dislike, but I understand them from a business perspective.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    And so the notorious "25/8" allocation of starting positions for the Indianapolis 500, which so offended Penske, Patrick, Gurney, Haas, et al, has been resurrected--by a Penske entity??

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And so the notorious "25/8" allocation of starting positions for the Indianapolis 500, which so offended Penske, Patrick, Gurney, Haas, et al, has been resurrected--by a Penske entity??
    The article in the OP says that the 25 guaranteed spots DO NOT apply to the Indianapolis 500.

Top Bottom