• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Based on previous posts, I may be the one guy who went to this show, found what he was looking for at a price he was willing to pay, and bought it.

I've been in the market for a new-in-the-box Remington 870 Express Synthetic 18". A friend of mine was at the show this morning and spotted a dealer, T&J Sporting Goods from Georgetown, that had some, so he called me. The price was comparable to what I've seen on-line. I was busy this morning and finally got to the show around 2:30pm. Missed my target on the first pass through the gymnasium, but found them on my second pass and a new shotgun came home with me.

By that time in the afternoon, the crowd had thinned out and getting around inside was not a huge problem. Dealers seemed fairly relaxed and talkative after a busy morning. I wasn't the only one who walked out with a purchase, though I'd say the folks walking out empty-handed out-weighed guys like me about 4 to 1.

This was my first gun show. Look what you guys have done to me. :thumbsup:

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Nothing for sale that didn't require the proverbial arm and a leg, ammo and gun wise. Bought a holster , and the Jerky man gave me the deal of the day, 4 for $5. Learned after this show that gold wasn't the investment, it was ammo.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I did see some outright laughable prices on several items, but I figured $6 was a decent price to pay to actually see more than 5 guns in one place, after all the desolate gunshop shelves I've been seeing.

Last edited:

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I'll be heading out first thing in the morning. Probably bringing my dad and brother. Hoping to find something that I "need", for a price I'm willing to pay.

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    If your going for reloading supplies there is little there. Indiana Bullet was there and had two booths set up(same prices as online). No small pistol primers. Did find some LP primers at a fair price and there was very little powder to be had.

The inventory as far as guns go was over priced IMO. I did see a CZ 75B that I was really thinking about. Nice EAA witness looked almost new for a reasonable price. Very few of the dealers would actually haggle. I walked away from 3 of them.

Did stop by profire arms and stocked up. Nice shop and knows his business.

Hope the 1500 will be better : ( .

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I went yesterday and saw the high prices on the usual suspects... anything resembling an "assault rifle", hi-cap magazines and ammo, but I also saw some decent prices on used handguns. I was really tempted by an EAA Witness (two of them actually), but all I wound up getting was a Taurus mag that I'll be modifying to fit one of my oddball pistols, and four used speedloaders for my Ruger ($25 for all 4). Stopped in Profire on my way home, but they were out of the powder I was looking for (Titegroup). Went to Indy Trading Post after that to pick up a transfer that I had been waiting on, and put half down on a Smith & Wesson revolver. :)

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    Was there when it opened this morning. About 25 people in each line, we all got in pretty quick. Magazine prices were outrageous. Found one guy that was selling M&P .40 mags for $125! Saw two used Glocks for $500 each. Stopped looking at black rifle pricing after getting tired of seeing $1600 stickers on the most basic rifles. Did see some .22 rifles between $125 and $140, but held off.

Asked a couple people about 9mm snap caps (been looking for a cheap set for a while, nobody has them), and got some snickers. Nice way to blow an hour, but didn't walk out with anything.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Went Sat. and saw a numbered AR magazine. (the early one with the emerald colored follower) I thought it was $9. Oh, boy. No........it was $98. They are usually pricey, but, wow.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Hadn't been to this show in probably 10-12 years but went today on my way to Bradis. Came away with a $5 holster and a realization why I quit going to gun shows to begin with. It was worth being able to laugh in the guys face with the overpriced bricks of 22s and watching the kid doing the gun check sweep everyone with my gun. Good news is,Bradis had the 22 ammo I wanted at the same price CTD wanted for it (Which was still too high) but I had it in hand and came home for an afternoon of indoor shooting.

Last edited:

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    Ran into more than one indifferent dealer, quized one old fart on total price of a rifle he had, he claimed he didn't do transfers and didn't charge tax as he handed me a 4473,I asked him if it was from " a private sale" he screamed " I'm a damn dealer" I handed it back and bid him a good day. Some of these guys never get tired of hauling all there wares from town to town selling squat.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom