• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hiserman79

Plinker
    Jan 25, 2013
    Madison
    I stopped in Saturday. My wife and I where in the area and visited several gun stores. All packed all full of stressed out employees (I can't blame em much). I expected short to the point only speak if spoken too employees in every shop I visited. That's exactly what I got with the exception one Indy Trading post. It was balls to the wall packed 2 hours wait time for the range barely able to move in the place and I had the absolute best experience ever in a gun store. I witnessed an employee take time to speak with, explain, entertain every customer that squeezed by. Most impressive was the time he spent with a young man and his father. Keep in mind you would of thought they where handing out gold it was so packed. The employee show genuine interest in the young man, listening and interacting with him. You could see it in the young mans eyes he was thrilled at being talked to and not talked at. He answered my questions, spoke with my wife and I went about my business in the store. I looked up to notice my wife off to the side watching the employee intently. It was crowed I got what I came for and left. Once in the car my wife who has never showed interest in any gun proceeded to attempt to convince me to buy her that pink one on the wall (mp1522). I had to ask why, she went on to say she was impressed by the employee and his genuine appreciation of each customer and his eagerness to actually help. I didn't buy her the gun, I figured she was just impressed by the excellent customer service and would soon forget about it. That was 2 days ago, she still wants me to drive back there (100 miles) and buy that pink gun on the wall so she can learn to shoot. Thanks who ever you are, in 10 mins you showed my wife what I've been trying to do for 8yrs that shooting is fun and not all gun shops are full of jug heads with attitudes. If you happen to come across this thread she said she really enjoyed hearing you tell that young man how your mom taught you to shoot. Thanks, I may see you soon for that pink gun on the wall.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    :+1: That's why I love ITP. I've stopped in several times with no intention of buying, and I told them, but they still were incredibly helpful. I learn something every time I go in there. Everyone I've talked to in there knows their stuff.

piercedjp

Plinker
    Apr 28, 2008
    I agree with all the statements in this thread, which is why I encourage everyone to go and vote for ITP in the ingo gun shop poll. You only get one vote, so make it count (like I did) and vote for ITP.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I agree, first time in the store a few days before X-mas and they were packed. A young man was behind the counter and was very busy, the other counter where the ammo was packed. I waited about 10 minuits and decided to leave, he seen I had been waiting and was on my way out. He stopped what he was doing and asked if he could help, told him what I wanted and he got it. Great coustomer service and yes they gained another coustomer !!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    :+1: That's why I love ITP. I've stopped in several times with no intention of buying, and I told them, but they still were incredibly helpful. I learn something every time I go in there. Everyone I've talked to in there knows their stuff.
    That's what I did yesterday... just wanted to "look" I told myself. Yeah, right. I'll be back this morning to pick up my new snubby... :spend::):

Ngin

Plinker
    Feb 11, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I totally agree. These guys are great. I was in this week looking for AR parts and other stuff, the place was packed but the staff was very helpful and friendly even though they were swamped. I will definitely be back to make my future purchases here. Thanks.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I totally agree. These guys are great. I was in this week looking for AR parts and other stuff, the place was packed but the staff was very helpful and friendly even though they were swamped. I will definitely be back to make my future purchases here. Thanks.

This^^

Fan boys for other shops are busy making excuses for bad service or crappy attitudes, while the guys at ITP are working their tails off to still provide the best service.

Hooiserfloyd

Plinker
    Feb 12, 2013
    It was only my 2nd time in ITP today. I have to say i was also impressed with not only the service but the amount of accessories they had in compared to othere LGS.. I went in today for a Glock mag grip extension and lefted with that and a OWB fobus holster :rockwoot:

paddling_man

Master
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    They've always been attentive and polite on each visit. My WG 228 came from them and a good amount of my brass has ended up on the floor of their range.

+1 ITP.
    -1 McD's.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I usually go to ITP to shoot, but lately when leaving the range I've felt a fairly heavy weight in my chest. I don't have the same issue at any other range I've been to - I think ventilation needs improved.

Beyond that, it's a nice shop with good people.

paddling_man

Master
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I usually go to ITP to shoot, but lately when leaving the range I've felt a fairly heavy weight in my chest. I don't have the same issue at any other range I've been to - I think ventilation needs improved.

Funny... I never noticed that.
    th_coal-miner.jpg

Seriously, how long since you've been? I think they shut it down for some renovations in the last few months that may have included improved ventilation.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Funny... I never noticed that.

Seriously, how long since you've been? I think they shut it down for some renovations in the last few months that may have included improved ventilation.
    I picked up two new firearms on January 2, 2013 and was at ITP within the week to put rounds through them.

The wife and I got an hour of time (when we got there, nobody was in the range) and by the end of the hour all 5 lanes were full. About 45 minutes in we were both feeling bad enough to consider leaving and not using our last 15 minutes. I believe I got around 200 through the Wilson and 100 or so through the 938 if memory serves.

We had more rounds we wanted to put through the firearms (was trying to get at least 300 through my new Wilson Combat + 300 through her Sig p938) but couldn't possibly have stood more time in the range.

Admittedly it wasn't bad for about the first 1/2 hour until all 4 other lanes filled up with active shooters for about 10 to 15 minutes.

I'm not trying to dig on ITP, I love that it's close and they're very nice - but I can't possibly use their indoor range for more than 30 minutes at a time even if I want to unless only a couple of lanes are in use.

Top Bottom