• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Today is the last day of my vacation so I decided to head out to Indy Trading Post to do some shooting.

Before I left, I decided to let the laser kitty check over the range bag. As you can tell, she approves. But, I learned a lesson. Laser kitty doesn't do a very thorough check. She ate her treat and forgot to tell me that I left two of my spare magazines in the night stand. I had the one in the gun and another in the bag, so I wasn't too bad off.

(all the thumbnails are clickable for bigger sized images)

It's a good thing that Indy Trading Post has an indoor range because the forecast wasn't too great today, and the skies were looking a little gray as I pulled out.

It's about 25 miles down to ITP, so I had to fill up the hoopty before I got too far from home.

Before long, it was time to get off the interstate. You can tell I was in a hurry to get there because the camera couldn't keep up and I got a blurry picture.

Are we there yet???

Ahhh.. there it is!

Sell? Trade? No thanks! I am there to shoot! Sneaky setup they have though, you have to go in to the gun shop to check in and to check out. Fortunately, there was no line and I had my lane assignment and a target purchased in under 3 minutes.

Then, on to the range!

The target I bought to shoot probably resembles some of your ex-wives ;)

This is probably what you all came here to see, right? The shooting range! My little lady is the one on the left. You'll note the red line on the walls and floor, and the streamers on the cieling. That's the 7 yard mark.

Last edited:

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    How'd she get out there? Well, I'm glad you asked. ITP has these fancy wheels to shove her out there!

You purchase range time at ITP in 30 minute increments. It costs $8, unless you've bought a reduced price range pass. I think it was $50 for 10 visits, but don't quote me on that. How do you know when your time is up? The light above you goes out. I'm pretty sure they have a guy locked in a closet that watches the clock then flips the switch. Or an automatic timer. I'm not sure.

One note.. you cannot shoot hollow point bullets here. Which is just as well, because I can't afford to shoot them either! And since I only had two magazines with me, I had to unload the one in the gun before I could get started.

For some reason, I was shooting off to the right today. I think this was from 7 yards. Prior to today I had always completely released the trigger after each shot. Today I decided to let it go just a little bit until I could feel the reset, then squeeze again. That was "interesting." Now I have a better understanding of how to quickly get shots off.

It's too bad the lady is so skinny. I need to shoot at wider targets so that the bullets hit them. But this fine young lady had a bad day despite all the "flyers." Flyers.. that's what all those were!

Before I knew it, I had shot all my bullets :( It was well before my 30 minutes were up, so I guess it really didn't matter that laser kitty let me leave without two of my magazines. Yes, that's the highly sought after Glock 19 Gen 4. Not one failure today. I like this little gun.

I reloaded those expensive hollow point bullets and tucked the gun back in to my Supertuck. Then went back in to the shop to check out and check around the store. They have a wall of holsters..

And a lot of "normal" looking rifles and shotguns.

And a bunch of [STRIKE]assault rifles[/STRIKE] modern sporting rifles.

And several display cases of handguns. Way too many to get pictures of them all. My only complaint there is that the display cases are so full that you can't see the guns in the back very well. Quite a problem to have!

Last edited:

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    It was time to leave... Just up the street from the shop I saw a [STRIKE]JBT[/STRIKE] fine public servant having a chat with an upstanding, model citizen. I'm sure it involved a misunderstanding regarding the speed limit in the school zone. I sure hope they were able to work out their differences.

My one complaint about ITP is how dang how it is. My glasses fogged up and I was sweating. And the shop felt pretty warm too. So, I was thirsty. I wandered around downtown until I found a place that looked like it may have something to wet my whistle and got my two growlers filled that I so conveniently brought with me.

And before I knew it, I was almost home! Once again, I must drive fast because the dang picture came out blurry!

Finally home, where I get to cool off on the deck. Fortunately, the weather held off. Prost, INGO!

:ingo:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom