• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SB2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Morgan County
    It really saddens me to leave this review, but I feel it's important. For the last year, I've been buying everything from Indy Tactical Supply in Mooresville. They were great to work with. I've purchased firearms and other items there, and referred a lot of folks to them - two of which bought a firearm.

Two weeks ago, I called to ask if they had any brass .223 in stock and was told they did but it was limited. I called back later the same day and talked to someone else, confirmed their closing hours and that they still had the brass .223. I flew up there and arrived just before they closed, told them I had called and what I needed. They said sure and asked how many boxes I wanted, threw it in a bag and rang me up. I didn't even really look at the ammo, as they were closing up shop and I wanted to get out of their way.

Upon arriving home, I grabbed the first box out of the bag only to find that I had been given brass 556. A simple and honest mistake as we were all in a hurry. So a few days later I return with the boxes intact (unopened) and my receipt and ask to exchange the ammo for what I had originally asked for. They did not have any brass .223 in the store, and asked that I take steel .223 instead, which I didn't want. Unable to procure the correct ammo, I asked for a refund since they had given me the wrong stuff to begin with. The gentleman running the counter called the owner, who instructed him to give me in store credit. Upon learning this, I was not happy and asked that he call the owner back to request a refund. I had paid with cash, and they had handed me the wrong ammo. Given, I should have checked more closely before leaving the store but given the circumstances I felt justified in asking for a refund. The owner refused still to give me a refund, and said he was doing me a favor and being nice by offering in store credit. I will say that the offered to order me whatever I wanted, but the gun shop is 30+ minutes each way from my home and I had already made two trips. I didn't feel like I should have to make a third one hour round trip to get the correct product.

It is the owners business, and he can set his own rules but frankly this rubbed me the wrong way. There is no signage regarding a non-return policy on ammo, which I was told they had. They handed me the wrong stuff. They didn't have the product that I needed. I had paid cash, a refund would have been simple. I've given them a lot of business and referred a lot of business to them. Being a small business owner myself, I felt like they dropped the ball here, and I will no longer be shopping there any longer which really bums me out. Up to this point, I was thrilled with the pricing and service I had received, and gave the owner two chances to make this right. All decisions have consequences. I hope my $165 was worth it.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Everyone sells the same stuff. Customers are earned through service. Customers are Lost from lack of service. I won't be stopping in there when I visit my kids in Camby.

No return on ammo even if it's their fault. Interesting strategy, they can just give out whatever they want if they don't have it and if the person doesn't check they're golden.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    No matter what it is
    Wrong parts are wrong parts
    They dropped the ball and expect you to pic it up

I was wondering about dropping in myself to check it out but I'll save my gas now

Thanks for the info

Top Bottom