• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm NOT going to give the indystar another click, so I can't really comment on the article.

Did Tully mention anything about how he was wooped last year? Did he ponder in his writing how he might've been killed in slightly different circumstances? Did he embrace his attackers and thank them for ONLY beating him down?

Whatta crap yellow writer. I'm glad I'll never read another penny press piece of garbage from that paper.

They made another massive staff cut there. Too bad they didn't dump that guy, too.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    :rolleyes:

In his last paragraph he says that this actually doesn't mean anything, and legal gun owners aren't the problem anyway.

So, why write this rant? Is he so afraid of his neighbors, friends, and family that any recognition of THEIR rights sends him into a rage?

Mr. Tully: while I respect the Free Press and your right to say whatever you want, unless you are going to add something constructive to the conversation, just put a sock in it. Your rhetoric does nothing but fan the flames, which I must guess was your only intent.

BTW: I personally think his "big brother" argument is exactly opposite. The State REMOVED a bunch of big-brother meddling and micro-management.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    So basically Tully rants against legislators protecting Indiana citizens constitutional rights and puts a disclaimer at the bottom saying that legal gun owners aren't the problem so it doesn't really matter?

So it seems to me that his whole position is one of protesting the State's actions to protect the rights of it's citizens from town politicians.

Mr. Tully, why do you hate our constitutional rights? Why do you wish for your locally bought and paid for officials to be able to restrict them at will?

:dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That guy is a class A moron. He even admits that the law will not impact crime, as the criminals are not bound to the law. Yet, he still tries to make a case for victim disarmament zones. The liberal mind is a hard thing to understand.

My opinion is that liberals are essentially wired to think in terms of master/slave or king/subject. They willingly give themselves over to the master or king in return for the promise of care. They see guns as granting authority and resent that perceived authority if not held by their overlords. It has nothing to do with safety, it's all about who they see as their master or king. There is not a lot of quality in that mindset.

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    "Listen, if someone is really intent on doing something bad, an ordinance probably isn't going to stop them. But we have always appreciated the deterrent effect." :n00b:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I'm surprised the comments on the article are still up at 11am. I give it at most another 20 minutes then they will wipe and edit the article.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Mr. Matthew Tully is very misinformed and his article is horrible.. anyone else read it today in the Metro+State section?

He is saying these new gun laws are a prime example of bad legislation. :rolleyes:

Tully: New gun law is prime example of bad legislation | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

What do you think?

I called him and told him his article was pure trash!

:D

I disagree with his position that the Indiana state legislature shouldn't be able to ensure the rights of Indiana residents over locally bought and paid for officials, however I agree with his position that legal gun owners are rarely the issue and that these new laws really won't negatively affect the public.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I agree with his position that legal gun owners are rarely the issue and that these new laws really won't negatively affect the public.

That was about the only positive I read in his article.. wish I hadn't read any of it, but I did only because of the interesting subject.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Tully is a prime bad example of a newspaper man...but then again the Indy Star is a prime bad example of a newspaper. Stop reading it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It's amazing how unashamedly brazen their "reporters" are in pushing the liberal agenda. If they had their way we would all sign our pay over to big government and then stand in line and say "Please sir, may I have some more?"

Oh wait. . .

Never mind!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Our friend Mr. Tully was mugged on election night. Even life or death situations won't sway the resolve of the hardest-core of liberals.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I am starting to see why it's nickname is the RED STAR.
    HE-HE, That's so true anymore it hurts funny, kinda like hitting your funny bone really hard!
    He does not like to like that citizents have the right to carry so he wants to limit it. Many don't like what he says, so I think we should limit him to just being able to use a pen and paper, no keyboard or printing press!

Top Bottom