• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i voted yes for them to have some jurisdiction in that area so they dont have to wait on ins or any other fed agency but at the same time i understand its putting more on their plate for them to enforce but i would see as something they could take charge in if the situation presents itself.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    bogus poll, it let me vote like six times. must of been set up by a "community organizer" to show that we want all our friendly southern neighbors here. i wonder, if we got 12 million people to break a law would the Goberment just ignore it?

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    the police in my area are always busy...the toothless trailertrash behind the counter at the VP always needs chatting up....I mean protection...or is the VP the new IMPD headquarters?

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    the ability to vote numerous times from 1 pc is to give the house that has 20 illegals in the house with 1 pc a chance to vote

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    WOW really, the police are to busy to enforce laws of the United States of America? Are you serious?

The police cant just enforce those immigration law, that's the job of the INS, border patrol US customs.
    I would like to know how you think the police could enforce immigration laws in our cities.
    They just control every single person they see in the street and check if they are legal in the country?

You would gladdly show a valid US passport anytime that a LEO ask you to make sure that you are a US citizen?
    You will show your ID 25 times a day just because LEOs now have the right to enforce immigration laws and check if you are not an illegal alien?
    I dont think so, everybody gets upset everytime a LEO wants to see a valid LTCH.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    T
    They just control every single person they see in the street and check if they are legal in the country?
    It's not all-or-nothing. I don't want my local LEOs stopping everyone that they come into contact with and asking for proof of citizenship, but I do want them to have the power to act.

If my local LEOs come across a person that can't/won't identify themselves during an interaction (traffic accident, investigating a crime, etc.), and during the course of the investigation the LEO finds that the person is in the US illegally, then, yes, I want them to have the enforcement power to have the person detained and then deported. Now, the person is taken jail and then the wait for the FEDs to arrive begins.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    It's not all-or-nothing. I don't want my local LEOs stopping everyone that they come into contact with and asking for proof of citizenship, but I do want them to have the power to act.

If my local LEOs come across a person that can't/won't identify themselves during an interaction (traffic accident, investigating a crime, etc.), and during the course of the investigation the LEO finds that the person is in the US illegally, then, yes, I want them to have the enforcement power to have the person detained and then deported. Now, the person is taken jail and then the wait for the FEDs to arrive begins.

YYYYEEEESSSS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled mass...

Wait a moment... your not European...

Do you have papers?

:n00b:

Reforming our broken legal immigration system would be a good idea...

Last edited:

sherwoody_77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Hey did anyone notice the address of the poll? It started with www2. seems like the poll is fake to me since the other pages at indystar are all www.

Top Bottom