• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Police say the 24-year veteran of the Indianapolis force, Stephen Blinn, got into an argument with his girlfriend...

...I feel for Steve, his wife, and children. What happened last night was not the Steve I know...

Uh oh.
    And his wife is probably saying the same thing "not the Steve I know"

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    You know, I've never understood cheating on one's wife. Why in the heck would you want to put up with two women? One is a big enough PITA.

I will say that dealing with a woman outside of your marriage could really put a little extra crazy in your step. One argument where she basically threatens to ruin his marriage (not that the male hasn't already pretty much done that himself) and one might do a whole lot of things he normally wouldn't. I'm not saying that's what happened here, I'm just saying.

Last edited:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    You know, I've never understood cheating on one's wife. Why in the heck would you want to put up with two women? One is a big enough PITA.
    if you do it right you dont have to put up with more than one woman. the others you see in hour installments, and then never again. :laugh:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

I will say that dealing with a woman outside of your marriage could really put a little extra crazy in your step. One argument where she basically threatens to ruin his marriage (not that the male hasn't already pretty much done that himself) and one might do a whole lot of things he normally wouldn't. I'm not saying that's what happened here, I'm just saying.

I have broke women down to two types.

The type that are half way normal in the head and make a great wife and mother.

Then the other type women are bat chit crazy and are fun as heck to hang out and party.

Just sayin:D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    WIBC Radio is saying that he pulled his service weapon and fired it in the car. "Not at the victim but at the door", hmmmmm...... She then got the gun from him and threw it out the window. The cops found the gun on the side of the road. :rolleyes:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    One thing that does bother me is the take home car going to Pitsboro? Isn't that far west Hendricks county?

To take the car home, an IMPD officer has to live in Marion County. We can drive them in any of the counties that touch Marion County. To drive them any further, we have to get permission from the chief.

That being said, I hope for Steve's sake that the allegations against him are false. If they aren't, he deserves whatever punishment he gets.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    To take the car home, an IMPD officer has to live in Marion County. We can drive them in any of the counties that touch Marion County. To drive them any further, we have to get permission from the chief.

That being said, I hope for Steve's sake that the allegations against him are false. If they aren't, he deserves whatever punishment he gets.

Thank you for the clarification. :yesway:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Looks like he may well be guilty as charged. The IMPD chief is recommending that he be fired. Either he's guilty or the chief wants to make sure that there's nothing that even looks bad in his department.
    IMPD chief: Cop in dispute should be fired | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

He was charged with a felony. That by itself is enough to get one recommended for termination. It doesn't automatically mean that he is guilty of the crime. Isn't that for the court to decide? And I'm not talking about the court of public opinion.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Looks like he may well be guilty as charged. The IMPD chief is recommending that he be fired.

Think of his problems as three distinct parallel railroad tracks--administrative, civil and criminal.

The recommendation for termination is simply the train moving forward on the admin track. It will unlikely impact the criminal track.

Wait and see. I know that for cops this is a nightmare scenario and extremely effective way to screw up their lives with false (or embellished) claims.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Looks like he may well be guilty as charged. The IMPD chief is recommending that he be fired. Either he's guilty or the chief wants to make sure that there's nothing that even looks bad in his department.
    IMPD chief: Cop in dispute should be fired | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

You don't think that this call for firing could possibly be CYA/politically motivated?

I'm with Kirk on this, just because the administration of IMPD has cut their losses with this guy in no way is a determination that he is guilty.

Best,

Joe

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    You don't think that this call for firing could possibly be CYA/politically motivated?

I'm with Kirk on this, just because the administration of IMPD has cut their losses with this guy in no way is a determination that he is guilty.

Best,

Joe

Very true. What sucks is that unless he had a pile of money saved up, losing a job at the same time one gets charged with a felony makes it tough to pay the costs of defending against it. Add to that the problem that even if he just wants to admit guilt and take a plea he probably won't get the same deal that is offered the "average" criminal because the state will feel the need to make an example of him.

Top Bottom