• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mitbaile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Hey I am new to INGO. I am currently not a gun owner and a friend of mine told me about this forum because I am looking to purchase my first firearm in the near future. Thought I would give it a shot for advice and to better educate myself with the gun owning lifestyle. I would like to purchase my first gun off of the classifieds but I understand there is a minimum post count I have to reach. I will contribute where I can but I have a feeling I will be reading a lot. Any advice for a noob would be appreciated and this is only my 2nd or 3rd forum so any advice on etiquette is also appreciated. Thanks!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Welcome aboard, greetings from SE Indiana:popcorn:

Advice? Don't try to make a run of 50 1 liner posts to reach the classifieds and don't talk religion in the Political threads.

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    :welcome::ingo:

Find some non-necro threads with people talking about guns your interested in and ask thoughtful questions. Why do you like X gun over Y gun? What made you choose the compact version instead of the sub-compact? Stuff like that.

Skip the bait posts, or run for 50, & find some gun blogs to follow if you need content to think on. If you prefer youtube at near TV episode lengths, check out hickok45 over nutnfancy. :twocents:

What I've found is that INGO is full of passionate about firearms people with very good info and lots of opinion. Think about the good & bad of that, then stow the butthurt. Good luck! :yesway:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome to INGO. You might want to browse the FAQs to learn a lot about INGO quickly. Don't worry that you don't know much right now. Asking questions is just as valid as sharing current knowledge. Just participate and while you are learning, you really shouldn't have a hard time finding things to talk about. I wouldn't rush into buying. There will be plenty of options available when you are ready. Learn first and you will be able to make a well educated purchase when the time comes.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Drinking from the firehose eh? Check the FAQ's in my sig. Double check the much shorter Classifieds FAQ when you do reach 50.
    You'll have plenty to keep you occupied without worrying much about reaching 50, be sure. Much to be learned about what to look for in a firearm to suit your specific needs.

Needmorammo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Columbus
    Welcome to INGO from Nashville, ind. Fairly new here myself, but lurked for a long time. Lots of great information to learn from, and some you wonder about. But it's all good! Best info I can give is .. Shoot before you buy. Some ranges rent guns or most ingo members seem more than willing to meet and help new members by letting them try out different guns. What you like before and after you've fired them can be very different. And most likely after you've purchased one, you'll find they multiply. Good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom