• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I remember a report back in the '70s that a Vietnamese immigrant was arrested for rabbit hunting in Brookside park, in Indy.
    We used to hunt rabbits just a couple of blocks from our house (in Indianapolis). Some of the best rabbit hunting I ever had! The field we hunted is now home to a license branch. :(

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I had to look up the code (I was curious if children had to be present for it to be a felony) and found I can legally carry a firearm in my vehicle when I am dropping my son off at school! (I did not realize this before).

I hope the rabbits were worth it for this guy (But I am guessing not). Still, he had to be a decent shot with a pistol! Those things scamper like mad around here.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I believe history was made with this thread, A topic about an LEO making an arrest involving taking the guys firearm and 3 pages into it no JBT comments from someone on INGO yet! WOW I can't believe it!

balzack2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    South of Ft Wayne
    Goes back to being informed and educated and the laws that are already on the books were enforced, no need to try and make a handful of new ones, the old ones work just fine when followed and enforced

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Pistol hunting for rabbits is fun. Sneak up and pop them while they are sitting. Doing it on school property and hunting without a license is a special kind of stupid.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I believe history was made with this thread, A topic about an LEO making an arrest involving taking the guys firearm and 3 pages into it no JBT comments from someone on INGO yet! WOW I can't believe it!

OK...................He's "DESPICABLE!!!!"

Surprised the wabbit didn't tell him it was DUCK season!!!

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Welcome to Stoopid Town. What a maroon.

What an ignoranamus.

YES, a MORON .....

Clearly, you don't remember Bugs Bunny cartoons. It's maroon.

I had to look up the code (I was curious if children had to be present for it to be a felony) and found I can legally carry a firearm in my vehicle when I am dropping my son off at school! (I did not realize this before).

The code is a bit vague, but YOU must be OPERATING the vehicle while on school property to pick up or drop off your child. Do NOT get out of the car and I would highly recommend leaving the engine running while you're waiting in line for him to come out of the school.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    YES, a MORON .....

No! A Maroon

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxGgnI6kCrs[/ame]

picture.php
    Be verry verry quiet.

MillenniumC5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Wayne County
    That high school is a rural school in the middle of nowhere, but is he really that dumb to discharge a firearm on school property and especially just after the Sandy Hook shootings? He is lucky he didn't get shot himself.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    That high school is a rural school in the middle of nowhere, but is he really that dumb to discharge a firearm on school property and especially just after the Sandy Hook shootings? He is lucky he didn't get shot himself.

Yeah, I looked at it on google maps. I don't know what all is school property but from some of the trails/paths it looks like some of it is wooded/farmed right by the practice fields. I can see someone making the mistake that it wasn't school property if what I think is school property is. And a question, if a school owns property and leases some of it for let's say farming. Does the law pertaining to firearms on school property still apply? From my reading of the code I would have to say yes. But IANAL.
    Google map

But either way no hunting license and most likely trespassing/hunting without permission. Although it is possible he had permission from an adjacent property owner and thought he was on that property and just parked at the school for convenience.

Top Bottom