• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    There used to be one in Carmel, I believe. 136th and Rangeline on the north west corner. Right across from the laser disc store, hahaha.

That was "Outdoor Sportsman" went OOB in 83 or 84

Bullet Hole(s) were at 96th & Keystone and another on South Madison. The 96th St store moved to 75th and Keystone for a few months, then returned to the strip mall on 96th and then moved to Pendleton Pike and 'Franklin Rd and closed when Jimmy died.

Broad Ripple Tackle Shop at Westfield Blvd and the Monon closed in 84 or 85.

There have been a couple in Noblesville over the years, 1 on the south side of the square and another at 32 & 37.

Em-Roes across from North Central sold guns

Mahan's Ace Hardware in Carmel had .22's and ammo.

All the Ayr-Way's which later became Target had long guns and ammo until the mid 80's.

At one time, Don's had 4 locations, 96th & Keystone, on E. Washington near the mall, Laf Sqr and south of the Greenwood Mall.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Bullet Hole(s) were at 96th & Keystone and another on South Madison. The 96th St store moved to 75th and Keystone for a few months, then returned to the strip mall on 96th and then moved to Pendleton Pike and 'Franklin Rd and closed when Jimmy died./QUOTE]

Bullet Hole used to sponsor our bowling team back in the late '70's. What a lifetime ago.....

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My grandfather owned Indiana Sports HQ. wish it was still open! It closed when I was a baby in '89. Before they closed they moved right next door to PT's in Lawrence. My dad worked in there a lot .

Got a Ruger 10/22 walnut from there for $50 retail.
    And my Bear Mini Magnum compound.
    Sent my 660 Rem through them back to factory for recall.
    Was a nice shop :)

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Cove and Covey in Greenwood on 135. I used to go in there weekly and bought a lot of stuff from those guys.

I remember when The Outdoorsman was on 135 north of Stop 11 in a little block building that was formerly a head shop called "The Nickel Bag" next to the old Dairy Queen and Smith's Pharmacy.

I remember getting bullets at Central Hardware on 31 north of Greenwood.

Found an old box of .22 that I am sure my Dad bought that had a "Turnstyle" sticker on it. I remember when that place was on the corner of 31 and Stop 11.

Dirty Steve

Top Bottom