• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Very positive. Instructor enjoys what he does and works in an industry that is experienced in educational settings. Very clear, straight-forward teaching style (not a lot of chin stroking and navel gazing).

Took my Range Safety Officer class there. Even though I have been in gun school for many years (Gunsite, Thunder Ranch, Chapman Academy, DTI, LFI, EAG, YVF, Hackathorn, inter alia, etc.), I learned a lot about being a range officer and what to do.

We did no shooting in my class (but did range emergency simulations, which were fantastic) but RSO is more of a management class but I am very glad that I went. I need to go back for another RSO class and maybe Chief RSO class.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Excellent trainers. My husband and I took NRA basic from them and intend to take other classes from them this year. We have also purchased weapons from them, also a good experience.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    +1 to Randy and the folks over at Indy Gyn Safety. If you're looking for training I highly recommend.

If you're looking for FFL transfers they can do that as well (not the cheapest but definitely in line with what most other shops are charging)

They are open a few times a week as a really small gun shop. Prices are competitive. Not a lot of accessories

Overall I would definitely recommend dealing with them.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'll throw in another vote of confidence. My wife was petrified of guns, but wanted to take the NRA basic pistol class. She even cried during the shooting portion but Randy was patient and took time to work with her. The next day she purchased her first gun from Indy Gun Safety and I recently purchased another. I'm looking forward to eventually taking more classes there.

First class outfit. I would have no reservations about going there for training or buying from them.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've taken three classes there and plan to take the RSO class there as well. They are a top flight operation for sure. I've recommended them to anyone that's asked me for a recommendation on where they should train.

chuckyd46032

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    I've taken classes with them and I would recommend them to everyone. The instructor was very skilled and attentive to students needs etc.

chuckyd46032

Haneda

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I purchased a gun there. I found The guy there to be a condescending ass. Just my opinion. The lady that works there is very knowledgable and helpful.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    I purchased a gun there. I found The guy there to be a condescending ass. Just my opinion. The lady that works there is very knowledgable and helpful.

Ditto, but they sold us the weapons we wanted. The fellow that does their training is superb.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. (Well almost everyone!)

We have a husband/wife team that works the shop Friday nights. We deal with MANY new shooters & first time buyers. None of my people mean to be condescending. We are in business to promote the safe ownership, use, and storage of firearms and ammunition. Sometimes it's hard to put away the teacher hat. Especially when you have "experienced" people coming in and pointing guns at you. Sometimes this comes off the wrong way. The people that work with me REALLY want to HELP you!

We currently have 5 Basic Pistol Instructors. Three of them also work the gun shop. The vast majority of the people we see are new shooters. So I apologize if anyone comes off condescending.

Top Bottom