• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T2D4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    I saw an article on msnbc about the 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in america. The childrens museum is located in one of the top 15 most dangerous neighborhoods. Just something to consider before going in unarmed.

a moronic, yet unsurprising implication in your post. so dumb.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    I think a quick use of the search function should bring this up, but...If seen at the Zoo you will be asked to return your gun to your car, if you refuse you will be asked to leave, if you refuse you will be trespassed. I know, because its where I work. if you have any questions message me and I will see if I can answer them.

Howdy, fellow co-worker ;)

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    The last time we went to the museum I picked up three FMJ 9mm slugs near them main entrance. I still wonder how they got there. That glass is thick but probably not bullet proof. Two of the slugs looked like they struck limestone or concrete. One was right in front of a large glass panel. Possibly a ricochet. If you go there I guess you should wear your armor.
    I saw an article on msnbc about the 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in america. The childrens museum is located in one of the top 15 most dangerous neighborhoods. Just something to consider before going in unarmed.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    We have been members there for a long time. I used to carry all the time there when all they had was a day camp. There is nothing there to screen for weapons. There is also no security except some guys in yellow shirts with cheap mag-lites and walkie talkies.

Also as others have said, there is no indication it is a school until you see the sign for it AFTER the ticket counter. So even the most law abiding person can easily become a felon.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    We have been members there for a long time. I used to carry all the time there when all they had was a day camp. There is nothing there to screen for weapons. There is also no security except some guys in yellow shirts with cheap mag-lites and walkie talkies.

Also as others have said, there is no indication it is a school until you see the sign for it AFTER the ticket counter. So even the most law abiding person can easily become a felon.

are you talking about the Zoo or the Children's museum? The Zoo Security Officers have much more than just Radio's and Mag Lites.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    are you talking about the Zoo or the Children's museum? The Zoo Security Officers have much more than just Radio's and Mag Lites.
    You can give a monkey a gun but it doesn't mean he knows how to use it or have the mindset. And tazers aren't guns.

(not calling any security officers monkeys, I'm just making a point that the gear doesn't mean **** if you don't have proper training an the mindset and skill to deploy them.)

Last edited:

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    You can give a monkey a gun but it doesn't mean he knows how to use it or have the mindset. And tazers aren't guns.

(not calling any security officers monkeys, I'm just making a point that the gear doesn't mean **** if you don't have proper training an the mindset and skill to deploy them.)

Who said anything about guns? I said they have a lot more than Radios and Mag Lite's which is the truth.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

You take that back, you cannot under any circumstances give a monkey a gun.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes. ICM has an actual public school on site.

The only bright side is they have a parking garage attached by a skywalk, so you dont have to actually be out of your car in the bad neighborhood.

Top Bottom