• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indynp1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2024
    Indianapolis
    Last night I attempted to put the optic on my hellcat pro and the screw stripped with making no more of an attempt to determine the size of torx/Allen wrench. Did nothing more than. I attempted on the other screw that worked fine. This sucks.

TIA

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Last night I attempted to put the optic on my hellcat pro and the screw stripped with making no more of an attempt to determine the size of torx/Allen wrench. Did nothing more than. I attempted on the other screw that worked fine. This sucks.

TIA
    I stripped mine the first time I tried to install a RMR. My gunsmith took a slightly bigger torx bit, tapped it in lightly with a hammer and was able to remove it in 10 seconds.

In the future I have always used screws from a company called Battlewerx, never the OEM screws. Things may have changed but in the past OEM screws were softer. Also make sure you use a newer, quality torx bit.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Its always good practice before mounting anything..and this goes for anything your putting together from automotive to putting furniture together or whatever else... always run screws into the tapped holes to make sure they are clean and especially to check the mounting hardware. Something happens such as the OPs problem, you can use plyers or vicegrips to remove junk screws. I've put countless tv stands together that the allen head weren't made properly.

Indynp1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2024
    Indianapolis
    I stripped mine the first time I tried to install a RMR. My gunsmith took a slightly bigger torx bit, tapped it in lightly with a hammer and was able to remove it in 10 seconds.

In the future I have always used screws from a company called Battlewerx, never the OEM screws. Things may have changed but in the past OEM screws were softer. Also make sure you use a newer, quality torx bit.
    These were the OEM screws to take the piece off.

Attachments

• 20241003_212704.jpg
      20241003_212704.jpg
      298.8 KB · Views: 3

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    These were the OEM screws to take the piece off.
    So this was just trying to get the optic cover plate off.

I'd contact AllenM as others have said or Squirt239 (Havlin's). Either of them would be able to get you taken care, and could just mount the optic as well.

Indynp1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2024
    Indianapolis
    So this was just trying to get the optic cover plate off.

I'd contact AllenM as others have said or Squirt239 (Havlin's). Either of them would be able to get you taken care, and could just mount the optic as well.
    I don't have any issues mounting it. I got the plate off the Shield Plus and installed it on there, but have another optic coming for the hellcat pro from the promo going on now. Just annoying this happened.

Top Bottom