• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Obviously you weren't looking at the knives on Knife Lady's table because the only USMC knife that she has, is stamped "KaBar" and "USA". :)

Brad, it's refreshing actually. In a sea, literal, sea of junk knives and chinese made dreck, your table stands out with quality merchandise.

I need to ask you on your price on a SOG Agency one day when the car repairs aren't being cruel to me. :)

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    First time I saw someone selling surgical and chemistry equipment - the guys working the booth didn't look anything like chemists or physicians.

They were 2 booths selling 1st aid equipment.
    Hershel- "meth lab guy" has been there for years. The beakers etc are what draws a crowd but I have outfitted several med kits with items I've bought from him
    Wayne- He bid on a storage place at Atterbury and inside were many items left by the military. High quality for reasonable prices. Everything from hemostats and scissors to collapsible field hospital beds.
    This guys are trying to make a few bucks and you may actually find something you "need".

Bob

shades171

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Didn't make the last one. But I usually have an idea specifically of what I'm looking for, then compare vendors for reasonable price.

Fourtrax

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    The drive, the gas, the cost of admission, the people, the rip off prices, people holding handguns wrong, I guess my tolerance has ebbed as I have gotten older. Cheaper to shop online and pay a hazmat than drive to Indy and watch all I mentioned. Gee, someone mentioned a giant sign that says "CLIPS", .........that's enough to irritate. I just don't want to deal with it and online is cheaper even with a hazmat.

Please, for the love of all things sacred,......... Learn to properly grip a handgun before you snatch it up and air gun it all over the place.

rant off, lol

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    The drive, the gas, the cost of admission, the people, the rip off prices, people holding handguns wrong, I guess my tolerance has ebbed as I have gotten older. Cheaper to shop online and pay a hazmat than drive to Indy and watch all I mentioned. Gee, someone mentioned a giant sign that says "CLIPS", .........that's enough to irritate. I just don't want to deal with it and online is cheaper even with a hazmat.

Please, for the love of all things sacred,......... Learn to properly grip a handgun before you snatch it up and air gun it all over the place.

rant off, lol

You aren't alone there Fourtrax. While I just moved back to Indiana 3 years ago, I haven't been to the 1500 in about 8 or 9 years simply because it was just to chaotic. Vendors nearly stacked on top of each other, 5 inches of aisle space, Knockoffs left and right. Next to nothing labeled with a price and 5 different dollar amounts quoted to 4 people.

jwhitaker45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    plenty of reasons in here whyI Only go when I am broke. None of the prices are ever worth it. No reason to buy anything, just people watch and check out toys to find them cheaper online or in a lgs

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    plenty of reasons in here whyI Only go when I am broke. None of the prices are ever worth it. No reason to buy anything, just people watch and check out toys to find them cheaper online or in a lgs

Not necessarily, although I agree a lot of stuff is overpriced. You can still find deals now and again. I've found some private sale Nagants for low prices, and I picked up a SCCY CPX-2, NIB, for just under $230 at the last show. That's as good a price as I've seen. You just have to do your homework, and have some good luck. It seems to be feast or famine for me.

Top Bottom