• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Did anyone else hear the annoucement over the PA system late Saturday afternoon about the next two shows moving to another building? Details were announced but I missed most of it because I was navigating down a crowded aisle and caught the tail end of the announcement. The vendor of the table I was next to immediately made to the comment to me, "Well, that will be a little nicer." So, it wasn't my imagination. What I don't know is if the entire show will be moving to another building or if the organizers will split the show between two buildings. Does anyone else know anymore details about this?

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Our comments and complaints have been heard!

I have to say that the current setup is madness. It is also not handicap accessible, and I would imagine the fire marshall would be a little irked too.

Hopefully it goes to a larger venue!

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    I heard the announcement over the loud speaker it sounded to me the whole thing was moving due the crowds and the lack of ability to control the tempature adequatley.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    The summer shows are always in a differant building. Can't remenber the name of the other building but it has air condintioning .
    Usually the much smaller Expo building. One time they had it in the combined Blue Ribbon Pavilion and Champions Pavilion, which is only 1500 sq. ft. larger than the South Pavilion where they normally have it. The only bigger building is the West Pavilion (the old cattle barn) which is about 32,000 sq. ft. larger

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Usually the much smaller Expo building. One time they had it in the combined Blue Ribbon Pavilion and Champions Pavilion, which is only 1500 sq. ft. larger than the South Pavilion where they normally have it. The only bigger building is the West Pavilion (the old cattle barn) which is about 32,000 sq. ft. larger

They did announce something about AC and the Expo building so that is probably the building they were talking about. Every time I have gone to the Indy 1500 is has always been in the South Pavilion so the news of a building change was interesting to me. And yes, I would have enjoyed the show more if there had been more room.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    At least there will be AC in the other building but it is smaller. But a lot of dealers do not do some of the shows in the summer anyway.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    oh, it does make a difference. But what do I care? I am going to try this show from the other side of the table....

Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County
    Just to echo what has already been said, The summer shows are nearly always held in the expo hall now called the "Toyota Exposition Hall" in the south west corner of the Fair grounds.
    Some dealers avoid those two shows for some reason, but it will most likely still be crowded.
    At least they filled in the pit. :)

Top Bottom