Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Colt Python under $1000
    Marlin 1894 in .41 mag under $800
    S&W 1950 in .44 spl
    Bigfoot

Which of the above am I most likely to find at the 1500?

Last edited:

jhaynes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I think Bigfoot would be your best bet. I'll be looking for 30 round pmags in od green and some Glock 21 mags that don't cost as much as the gun it's self. I always pay the parking and the bucks to get into the show and then end up stopping somewhere on the way home to purchase what I'm looking for because I can pay full retail and get new for less than the vendors want for used items.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I think Bigfoot would be your best bet. I'll be looking for 30 round pmags in od green and some Glock 21 mags that don't cost as much as the gun it's self. I always pay the parking and the bucks to get into the show and then end up stopping somewhere on the way home to purchase what I'm looking for because I can pay full retail and get new for less than the vendors want for used items.

I experienced this when I went the last time also. Then why do we go?

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    It's like the world's biggest gun shop. Where else are you going to go and be able look at that many guns and accessories in one place? Plus there's always that chance that you're going to find something unexpected.

Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Looking for a small handful of things really.

-Two gun socks
    -Some dry gun lube
    -9mm self defense ammo
    -Military Surplus, 22, or .17 rifle
    -Anything else shiny that catches my eye

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Well I was gonna go, unfortunately I am in Mississippi for Air Force pilot training. I did want to purchase some INGO swag, but since I can't I would like to ask a favor to anyone. If they wouldn't mind picking me up some supplies, I would gladly pay for it, plus shipping, plus a little extra for your time and effort. The items I am looking for is mainly patches(to put on the flight suit and hats. Preferably the small approx. 2" x 1" patch I have seen. Plus some of the bigger patches and stickers for my hat and flight helmet. Want to represent INGO heavily down here(a lot of firearm users in pilot training). If anyone is interested, feel free to send me a PM. If not, no big deal.
    Has anyone responded yet ?????

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I really do want to make it down to this show... I'm not sure I need to buy anything, I just want to see folks and hang out.

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    Since it's my wish list I'm looking for the following nice-to-mint guns:

Stevens 311A .410
    Stevens 311A 20 ga
    Stevens 311A 12 ga
    Remington Model 12 .22 Remington Special
    Ruger 96 44 mag
    Remington 870 20 ga - 1955 or earlier
    Remington 1100 12, 16, 20 ga
    Browning Model 71 NIB
    Browning Sweet Sixteen
    Remington 1911 45 ACP
    Remington Model 6 Stock
    Choke Tube & Wrench for a Contender .410 barrel (I've been looking for 8 months)
    Ammo

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Figured I would post this up in here as a few of you may want to add this to your lists....

This is a limited run special we are running with details in our subforum. Follow the link in my signature. These are most of the components, but I will get some fully assembled shots later this evening.....but this should get the idea out.

Frame and reset bar, Front deflector is 3/8" AR500:
    Untitled-4.jpg

Boltless/weldless, brackets:
    IMG_2271.jpg

Paddle:
    Untitled-2.jpg

Backside:
    Untitled-3.jpg

Frontier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Holster and a mossberg, maybe a glock. First time going to this show, I was expecting some good deals but reading some of the above comments make me think the deals are far and few between on anything but ammo and curiosities, can anyone confirm this? What can a newcomer expect at their first 1500? (to spend $1500 on everything?)

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Holster and a mossberg, maybe a glock. First time going to this show, I was expecting some good deals but reading some of the above comments make me think the deals are far and few between on anything but ammo and curiosities, can anyone confirm this? What can a newcomer expect at their first 1500? (to spend $1500 on everything?)
    Sort of depends on where you regularly shop. Smaller shops out in the middle of nowhere with limited to no competition will probably have higher prices than you'll find at the show. Those who live relatively close to Indy with all the competing shops, it gets a little harder to find truly good deals because the prices may be a little lower in the area. Just have a list of things you're interested in and know how much you can get it for elsewhere. Then you'll know a good deal when you see it there. :twocents:

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I will be looking HARD to find a S&W 1911Sc E series bobtail to fondle. That will determine whether I follow up on my desire to own one or not.

On edit: Oh...and a left handed holster for a S&W model 66 4" that I just learned may be coming my way (my father may be giving his to me). Only stipulation is that it stays in the family.

What day do you plan on being down there? I can bring my E series so that you can fondle it. It's a tight little gun.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Ammo for me. I am taking a friend who wants to get into guns. He is very excited to experience the 1500 and handle lots of guns.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    ^^ Nice. I bought some cleaning patches and a gun rug for my 1911. I did not find sights, grip panels, ammo. Ammo prices were higher than what I can get shipped to my home online everyday. No one dealt in sights for my 1911. No VZ Grip or other brand dealers there for me to touch and feel.

If you are in the market to buy or build an AR15 though, you are in hog heaven!:)

I think they need to change the name to Indy 1500 Knife and gun show though. I saw more knife dealers than gun dealers!:)

However, I did see a guy get busted stealing a SS revolver. Man was he red-faced as the cops led him back inside cuffed. What a way to ruin your day at the show!

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Ammo - AR30 in .338 lapua - little old lady has little toothpick pocket knives - not the little old lady but the pocket knives - not into dust and cob webs - silver - lil bit o gold - prep supplies - and a $16 sausage sandwich and soda

Top Bottom