• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashlynsdaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    My wife wants to take my daughter to the indpls zoo on sat after we go to the 1500. My question is. Is the zoo posted or am i good to go cc? Thank you in advance for your input.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    My wife wants to take my daughter to the indpls zoo on sat after we go to the 1500. My question is. Is the zoo posted or am i good to go cc? Thank you in advance for your input.

Whether they have a sign posted has no meaning. Signs do not carry the power of law in Indiana. If the owners of the property see your gun they can ask you to leave and then you must or risk charges of trespassing dependent on privately owned property.

If you look around the forum though you will find that a member was OC there and was forcibly removed as a result and there is a lawsuit on his part pending.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you look around the forum though you will find that a member was OC there and was forcibly removed as a result and there is a lawsuit on his part pending.

Wrong zoo.

Indy Zoo is private property.

The lawsuit involves the City of Evansville and Mesker Park Zoo - a publicly owned entity.

-J-

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Don't go during school hours. Indiana's vaguely written laws could cause you to end up with a felony.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Don't go during school hours. Indiana's vaguely written laws could cause you to end up with a felony.

COULD. Could.

Vague - yes.

My personal opinion is that it would be highly unlikely. (Unless, of course, you were there WITH a school group - or the property were close to all but those in school groups)

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    COULD. Could.

Vague - yes.

My personal opinion is that it would be highly unlikely. (Unless, of course, you were there WITH a school group - or the property were close to all but those in school groups)

I agree that it's unlikely. However, I refuse to be the test subject.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The Indy Zoo is private property, and they do have a policy (and some rare signage) against carrying firearms/weapons. So far, my policy of concealing in these situations has worked flawlessly, and I have not been asked to leave.

They did get persnickety with my wife and daughter's cooler, though. Had to leave the refrigerated baby food and milk in the car. They REALLY want you to buy at the overpriced (and not too appealing) snack bar now.

Not gonna wade into the school debate......again.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Ever get tired of answering these threads?

Unfortunately, yes.

Psht. You're BARELY in the lower half :cool:

I can dis on you for that since I was born in Brazil.
    Since I'm about 25 minutes south of Indianapolis, does that make me part of the AWESOME half?

You're good to go, as long as you conceal. You can be asked to leave or denied entry, however they cannot arrest you before asking you. If you refuse, you will most likely be arrested for trespassing and that's never good. If you're planning on buying food there, you may want to unload. Only reason I say that is because every time I buy their food, I feel like I've been robbed.

Top Bottom