• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    My local indoor range has had the same problem at times. Also seems like the airflow was directed toward the shooters, as I always managed to get facefulls of soot.

Now shoot outdoors, and none of those problems, or the compressed shock waves from the dude rapid-firing his .44 mag in the next bay.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I've never been to Highsmith while the range was busy (I try to go on weekdays, when I have a day off), so I can't speak for the ventilation during busy shooting. When I go with only a handful of other shooters, I can usually feel the vents blowing. It even blows my target around some, which can be a tad annoying sometimes.

tonybia

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    7   1   1
    Apr 24, 2013
    I often wonder how much lead exposure you get with poor ventilation. I notice I sometimes come home with a headache after some shooting at the indoor range.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The air in any shooting range is by EPA to be turned over every hour. That means that all the air in the range has to be replaced every hour. If you are at a range and it is smokey, it is time to go. You should be able to see the smoke being pulled out of the place. That is why most inside ranges aren't heated. The old air has to be pulled out and new air brought in and you loose all the heat you had with the air going out.

The range I went in Miami, Florida didn't have filters. They just turned over the air. The place I go to in Kentucky say they have filters and change them every 60 days. I have no idea if that is true. It is just what I have been told.

Someone should go tell Deb's in Hammond about this. I think their air system consists of an air scrubber like you see on the ceiling of a bar.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Now shoot outdoors, and none of those problems, or the compressed shock waves from the dude rapid-firing his .44 mag in the next bay.

I know this is very disturbing to shooters including myself.
    BGF&R addressed the problem by placing thick steel sheets inside of wood panels between each lane to prevent (as much as possible) any accidental shots passing through to an adjoining lane and to shield adjacent shooters from direct blast impulse. Also I believe the stalls are a little deeper than usual.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The air in any shooting range is by EPA to be turned over every hour. That means that all the air in the range has to be replaced every hour. If you are at a range and it is smokey, it is time to go. You should be able to see the smoke being pulled out of the place. That is why most inside ranges aren't heated. The old air has to be pulled out and new air brought in and you loose all the heat you had with the air going out.

The range I went in Miami, Florida didn't have filters. They just turned over the air. The place I go to in Kentucky say they have filters and change them every 60 days. I have no idea if that is true. It is just what I have been told.
    Real big difference between CFM and actually controlling the airflow.

Top Bottom