• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Thanks, that's a good site.

Indycar Nation has a live fed as well with live timing and scoring but you have to join the site. They also have all the races live if you don't have Versus.
    IndyCar Nation

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It's early. I think the speeds will pick up during that crazy happy hour. I remember seeing 240 out there! Rick Mears was always my favorite. He came into our shop and bought a gun. He's a Helluva nice guy.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I agree. I always liked Mears, and couldn't stand Emerson Pitiful. I'll never forget Sullivan's spin to win in '87 either. Great moment. Al Jr. was fun too. Not a fan of any Andretti or Foyt, although my grandfather was a big fan of Tex.

I HATE Danny Sullivan! Rich punk form Ky that never wrked a day in his life. I really wanted Mario to win that race!!! I think when Emmo refused to drink the milk they should have poured it on him!! AJ is a totally different guy away from the track. He came to the shop quite a bit and my friend is good friends with him. He's not as big as they made him out to be either. As a side note he's had to arm all of his hands on his ranch in Texas b/c of all the illegals running drugs across his land. There is so much going on down there the Gov/media are not letting out!

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm not necessarily a fan of Sullivan, I just think it's a great moment in race history. Great point about Emmo; that would have been classic.

The other thing that sticks in my craw was Dan Wheldon's flat billed hat. What a dork! How could anyone go on national television looking like that? Firestone should have fined him for poor representation.

As for a little trackside scuttlebutt, I've heard that a few years ago Grahm walked in on Bobby and Danica, back when she was still racing for Rahal/Letterman. Too funny! Reminds me of the recent Mark Souder affair. When you look at the man, and then the woman, you instantly ask yourself, "what in the world was she thinking?" Answer: power and money.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I think ppl make up stuff about Danica. She has had to fight her way into the old boys club and some ppl just don't like it. The earlier women, Guthrie, etc, just didn't have what it took. Danica is the first chick to really have some skillz. And I don't care what anybody says.. SHE IS HAWTTTTT!!!!! I don't see a flaw in her. ;)

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    By no means do I know the previous "story" to be true, but I think it's complete plausible; and it came from an inside source at the track. Personally, I could care less, but I do find it humorus.

I think Danica's biggest flaw is her ability, or lack there of, to navigate her way through traffic. I think she gives up positions too easily. She's obviously one of, if not the, most talented woman to run Indy; but then again, I'd like to see what Sarah Fisher could have done with the same financial backing that Danica's received. I always had a soft spot for Sarah because of her Mechanical Engineering degree. Likewise, I wish Katherine Legg would have been able to appear in Indy a few years ago, but the whole IRL vs CART thing put a stop to that.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've seen Danica do some amazing things in traffic. Remember how she almost caught Elio for the win a couple yrs back. Even though she's been on good teams there still has been some equipment issues. I used to go to a friends suite and get pit/garage passes and I was like a kid in a candy shop. I really enjoyed seeing the cars, drivers and goings on in the garages. The sad part is a lot of ppl in the suites and have access to all that shizzle don't know crap and are only there to be seen! I miss those days.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Elio gets Pole, Penske's millionth, and Ganassi gets caught saying bad words on live TV. I love Indy in May!

Top Bottom