• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The preschool is new as of 2(?) years ago. Also, that means you can't park and lock your carry in their lot or in their parking garage. You'll have to park on the public street.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    The preschool is new as of 2(?) years ago. Also, that means you can't park and lock your carry in their lot or in their parking garage. You'll have to park on the public street.

There are schools in all sorts of surprising places popping up. There is an IPS school inside Washington Square now. So, I guess you can't even leave your firearms in your car if you are going shopping there!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There are schools in all sorts of surprising places popping up. There is an IPS school inside Washington Square now. So, I guess you can't even leave your firearms in your car if you are going shopping there!

Ah, nothing like the surprise felony, eh? We need to get that law changed before any more innocent people wind up in prison.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Ah, nothing like the surprise felony, eh? We need to get that law changed before any more innocent people wind up in prison.

Yeah, I can picture someone who does know about the school locking their handgun in their car while they go to shop, in an attempt to conform to Simon rules. And then, when their car gets stolen or broken into, they innocently attempt to further do the "right thing" and tell the police about their now-stolen handgun, and get arrested for a felony.

Since that property is private property, I wonder if the prohibition extends to all Simon-owned property in the are - for instance, I suspect that all of the businesses on that corner actually sit on property leased from Simon.

I HATE stupid laws.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    hmmm, wonder how that will work since there is a Dicks out there too? Like Scutter said, we need to get these laws changed....for the better.

Thanks for the tool Ted, I've always used indy911calls.com as my reference map but i'll use this now.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It seems to me that unless Simon owns and runs the school, then the entire mall and the parking lot isn't school property, just the part of the facility owned or leased by the school.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    It seems to me that unless Simon owns and runs the school, then the entire mall and the parking lot isn't school property, just the part of the facility owned or leased by the school.

If that is true, then couldn't you legally carry in the Children's Museum, except in the rooms used for the school itself?

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    We made it there OK with no issues (Not that I expected any). I left it at home. Felt neked though. Thanks for the info, otherwise I would have taken it with me and got a big surprise. Nice place, but cannot say I like the fact that you cannot protect your family if needed.

Top Bottom