• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It's why in the real world we have separation of powers, a CLEO that is answerable to the voters and the rule of law, rather than deus ex machina in Libertarian comic books about utopia.

I have no clue why you think I am into any of that.

Not a LP member.
    Never read a political comic book.
    Never supported consolidation of powers.

Next strawman, please.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I want a political comic book. Oh, wait, I'm an "adult." I want a political graphic novel.

The Libertarians put them on their Facebook page in order to communicate with their audience.

Comics and sci fi, but no solutions, just rambling about "enforcers" and "tyranny". It's like the ghost of Jerad Miller sitting in my office arising from the dirty floor of a Wal-Mart.

11002635_10155275168305462_979881928646459946_n.jpg

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Yes, and its a good thing someone averted the attempt to ruin the innocent woman's life. The cop has demonstrated a tragic inability to use sound judgement and cannot be allowed to keep his position.
    Have you ever exceeded the speed limit set by the representatives of the people?

you have demonstrated an inability to use sound judgment and cannot be allowed to keep your license.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Have you ever exceeded the speed limit set by the representatives of the people?

you have demonstrated an inability to use sound judgment and cannot be allowed to keep your license.

Do you think vehicle speed is in any way analogous to attempting to put an innocent woman in prison?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The Libertarians put them on their Facebook page in order to communicate with their audience.

Comics and sci fi, but no solutions, just rambling about "enforcers" and "tyranny".

You are obsessed beyond measure. At least save the hate for the its relevant time and place. I'm not LP and nobody but you is talking about them. Make a thread so hatred of liberty can be discussed in one place.

RE: the actual thread topic

I have a solution. Want to hear it? Fire the irrational cop. Its not utopia, but it is achievable.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You are obsessed beyond measure. At least save the hate for the its relevant time and place. I'm not LP and nobody but you is talking about them. Make a thread so hatred of liberty can be discussed in one place.

RE: the actual thread topic

I have a solution. Want to hear it? Fire the irrational cop. Its not utopia, but it is achievable.

Republicans love to hate Liberty-minded people who are not LP. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? We aren't trying to destroy your precious party, but we won't blindly vote for someone who is in favor of taking our liberties either. And republicans have shown they are about as good at that as democrats. I love the quote in bold, because it's how I think we work toward more freedom in this country.

So to those who love to do so, stop trotting out straw men and telling us we're in search of a utopia on the other side of dystopia. We just don't want our phone traffic in a government database, we don't want to be told where to smoke by someone other than the owner of the property, we would like to own machine guns made after 1986, and we don't want to pay taxes that wind up in frivolous studies. (These are all things Republicans have given us.) I don't vote for a party. Be someone I can vote for, and I'll vote for you. The best way to do that is to reduce the size of government, fire a few people, defund some agencies (you can start with the ATF, but I'm biased) and get out of my hair in matters that just really don't matter. If you want to blame the LP for Republican problems, take a look around. The Republicans can't nominate a decent Presidential candidate, that's why we have Obama in office. You have both houses of congress, and complete control of the statehouse. The LP's haven't cost you anything. So instead of whining about them, try spending your energy on things that might get me off my butt come next November.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I could understand her position if she was being pulled over by an unmarked car. But this seems a little far-fetched.

So what's her motivation? She decided 53 years without getting in a slow-speed police pursuit was too much to bear? It seemed like a good night to throw away her career, freedom, and family...?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So what's her motivation? She decided 53 years without getting in a slow-speed police pursuit was too much to bear? It seemed like a good night to throw away her career, freedom, and family...?

Who knows? I wasn't there. I'm thinking you weren't either.

However, I've seen situations where people do dumber stuff than that with less obvious motivations.

Case dismissed- there are no​ larger societal implications.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008

However, I've seen situations where people do dumber stuff than that with less obvious motivations.

thank you

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Who knows what social implications there might be? :):

Top Bottom