Indiana to start requiring Food Stamp recipients to work.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Attributing rational thought processes to people consumed by drug addiction is illogical.

If the point of testing is to identify people in need of treatment, fine, but starving them, I am not willing to sign onto in the name of saving a buck....or eugenics, whichever is the motivating factor.

They had enough clarity of thought to figure out the food stamp process. Let them find a way to fill their cupboards other than on my dime.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Utah spent $30,000 to drug test and saved $350,000. $350,000 - $30,000 = $320,000 less tax payer's money paid out.

Utah's welfare drug testing saved more than $350,000 in first year, officials say | Deseret News

The law identifies those with drug issues early on in the process, and if they aren't willing to get help or meet the requirements, they shouldn't get benefits, Wilson said.

So if they won't "get help or meet the requirements" are they disqualified?

The next step, Wilson said, "is to find out why those 250 people would rather not get benefits and keep using drugs, and what we can do to maybe help them realize that is a poor choice."

It's an assumption that these 250 chose to keep doing drugs rather than get benefits but for those that did, it's a choice and they made it.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    You are right, it also say's this.....

"The law identifies those with drug issues early on in the process, and if they aren't willing to get help or meet the requirements, they shouldn't get benefits, Wilson said."

So if they don't seek help with their drug problem, then they don't get any money.

off topic... how the heck do you make them quote's from the article show up like that?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    From the same article:

"The law identifies those with drug issues early on in the process, and if they aren't willing to get help or meet the requirements, they shouldn't get benefits, Wilson said."

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Meanwhile more and more jobs are being done by robots. We don't need humans any more so let's just starve them and get rid of them. Writing these people off is not a viable long term solution. When everything is done by robots and no one has a job how will the money be distributed. This is the way it is going because of technology whether we like it or not.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Have them harvest labor intensive crops in order to receive their government benefits.

There, I just fixed welfare and the immigration problem.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Community service.

Well said... I sure see a lot of trash along side the roads.

I guess this food stamp welfare bit is a sore spot with me. If you ask my opinion I would stir the pot. I think one of the requirements to voting should be to pay taxes. You have to pay at least $1 in taxes to vote. All these people who receive welfare should not have to right to vote themselves a raise.

I was listening to Dave Ramsey the other day and something made a lot of sense. He said when his kids were going to college he gave them money. Just barely enough to get by and little enough that they wanted more. That way they would have the incentive to work to get more. That should be the way welfare works. Just barely enough money to get be and leave them wanting more so they would have the incentive to work and benefit themselves. There are just way to many people on welfare that say why should I work when I stay home and get paid.

I am think if a woman on welfare has kids she has to name the father/s so welfare money can be collected from them. If she has more kids while on welfare her benefits should decrease.

This whole system is trashed. If I had my way, welfare would be gone and you would have tax deductions for donating to the churches of your choice. (pretty much we do now) Let the people go to the church of their choice to receive help. I believe the churches could handle taking care of the poor much better than the screwed up government. I think our whole understanding of what poor is, is skewed. A family living near the poverty line has a roof over their head, a computer, tvs, cars in the driveway. That is poverty???? Sorry.... Rant off... Who started me on this anyway????

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Well, thank goodness I cancelled my food stamp allotment last November. At age 68 I sure would hate to have to work 20 hours a week in order to pay back the $15.00 I was getting each month. (Purple implied or intended, I guess)

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Ill tell u what hand outs should be drug tested the ones going to companies and banks. Make the bankers take drug test before they get our tax dollars. Also to really save money anyone that voted in the last 40 yrs for democrats or republicans should not get Social Security or Medicare since those politicians they voted for stole there money. No reason I should be in debt because some idiots vote wrong each year let the people who voted bad pay for there stupidity.

Top Bottom