Indiana to start requiring Food Stamp recipients to work.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Why don't you drug test the recipients and cut the herd even more.

I'll second that motion!

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Because apparently it costs too much. We can't have them fund their own drug tests, now can we?

Can we meet in the middle? Why can't they randomly test a small percentage of recipients? You fail a test, you lose your benefits. I would be interested to see if the percentage of people that lost their benefits would wash out the cost of the testing.

This is a very sore subject for me. I have a complete embarrassment for a cousin that can manipulate the system like no one else. If she put as much effort into working as she did squeezing money out of every program available, she would be living quite well.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Why don't you drug test the recipients and cut the herd even more.
    They should. But they know then they'd be taking away lots of kids and the already ****ty foster care and child services programs would be overwhelmed even more and the kids would suffer.
    i think if your in welfare and you get pregnant while on it you should lose all assistance! Quit giving low income or especialy the moochers an incentive to have kids and multiply!! Come on its common freakin sense!!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm OK with this. I'm good with the drug testing. I also think if you're on public assistance for more than some given amount of time, you and your home should be subject to random inspections to see how you're using the taxpayers' money and if you really need it. If you don't like people telling you how to spend their money or putting conditions on accepting it, earn your own money.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I agree with the above posters, there will holes in this big enough to drive a truck through somewhere.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How about we make sure people who get food stamps really, really need them and they are required to work.

If you want to summarily execute people who take drugs, just get it over with. No reason to starve them slowly.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    How about we make sure people who get food stamps really, really need them and they are required to work.

If you want to summarily execute people who take drugs, just get it over with. No reason to starve them slowly.

If a person desirous of acquiring food stamps had rather do drugs than get their meals subsidized by the taxpayer, that's their decision. People should own their decisions and live with the consequences.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Attributing rational thought processes to people consumed by drug addiction is illogical.

If the point of testing is to identify people in need of treatment, fine, but starving them, I am not willing to sign onto in the name of saving a buck....or eugenics, whichever is the motivating factor.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Attributing rational thought processes to people consumed by drug addiction is illogical.

If the point of testing is to identify people in need of treatment, fine, but starving them, I am not willing to sign onto in the name of saving a buck....or eugenics, whichever is the motivating factor.

I'm not so sure: $0 Food Stamps = Starvation.

Top Bottom