• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Getting to know your firearm and being well trained to use it is common sense. You cannot legislate common sense. You can't fix stupid by passing more laws.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I find it interesting that somebody with eighteen posts can dress down people that have been site for years.

So is there now going to be a 50 post requirement? You can't disagree with someone or get in a heated debate until you have a certain number of posts?

That is quite an entrance, isn't it? I wonder if she is the same way in person (but not enough to want to learn from experience).

Yes it was and she did not nothing wrong. So if you been on the site for years it's OK to be abrasive but not if you are a newbie?

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

Really? You believe in laws that are not written but should be 'understood' to exist? And then you build on this by using illegal activities which are felonies without consideration of the use/non-use of guns? Really? No, the Constitution does not address common crime which under the Tenth Amendment, is reserved to the states and the people. That is entirely different from criminalizing constitutional rights or demoting them to conditional privileges.

Given that you support the demotion of constitutional rights to conditional privileges and believe that benevolent government would not devise a training system which would be detrimental to us, I am forced to conclude that if you are not already a statist, you are an excellent candidate.

Game over. Well played.

KS1956

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Henderson
    I head back to Nevada on Wednesday. If you happen to get out to Front Sight, mention that you are from Indiana.

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Who says you have to have a drivers license to own a car? How about to drive it on your personal property where you arent endangering others' lives?

I dont see training requirements for the ability to CARRY as all that bad. Now to be able to POSSESS or BUY a gun? Thats a different story. If they try that sh** I'll be standing shoulder to shoulder with you.

I just dont see how being properly trained and educated to use a deadly weapon is all that evil.

There's nothing wrong with training, and I would even encourage it, as long as it's not mandatory before one can exercise their right to keep (own) and bear (carry) arms.

The problem comes in when it becomes mandatory, and that is used as a vehicle to obstruct our rights.

I remember several years ago there was a debate on gun rights with various people on a panel.
    One of the strategies of a couple of leftist police chiefs was to enact mandatory training, make the training virtually impossible to get, and make the standards so high that most who got to take it flunked.

ratfortman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2009
    I have a better idea. Instead of kowtowing to every state that refuses to recognize our Right, why don't we work to convince them of the error of their ways?

You know what will happen if you have two licenses? Eventually one of them is seen as redundant or a waste of money. I wonder which one that would be?

Sure agree with this. Have a friend who is what I consider to be gun friendly and a rational person. On this issue, his desire for reciprocity is very strong; to the point of actually clamoring for mandatory training here in IN. I cant convince him. I worry that there are alot of others like him.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I worry that there are alot of others like him.

By and large, gun owners are falling over themselves to help the anti's introduce even more legislation to infringe our Rights. If they're not actively helping, then they're helping through apathy; that is to say, they don't bother calling or writing their legislators. If the members of INGO were to band together and become active in Indiana politics, we would be a POWERFUL lobbying group for gun rights. We're 35,000 members strong now. That's a small percentage of Indiana's 6.5 million residents, but large enough to make our collective voice heard and heard LOUDLY.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Sorry, training for the ability to exercise a right? Hell no.

There's a part of me that wants to come down on the side of responsibility and training.........but really, responsibility can't be forced onto someone. The above comment is all that really needs to be said. It's sad and scary that many people won't take the time to become proficient with their weapons, but the fact of the matter is that we already have laws that protect potential victims against the misuse of guns. Those alone should be enough to cause gun owners to act responsibly.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I should have copied Katies post before I refreshed the page. She edited her post and took out the good stuff about her brother being banned for (hoping I can use the verb form without being banned) t******g. She also deleted a sentence about being related to Gunsite instructors.

I have thought about going to that school to get more training. The other day I ran into an old friend who has been to their course (not sure which). He stopped me in Wal-Mart while I was OCing to talk, it took 30 minutes to get around to I shouldn't OC because it was scaring people, the manager was checking me out, and I would be the first one taken out in a robbery. He was not even carrying.

Well, it looks as though I will be spending my money here in Indiana at TFT.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    By and large, gun owners are falling over themselves to help the anti's introduce even more legislation to infringe our Rights. If they're not actively helping, then they're helping through apathy; that is to say, they don't bother calling or writing their legislators. If the members of INGO were to band together and become active in Indiana politics, we would be a POWERFUL lobbying group for gun rights. We're 35,000 members strong now. That's a small percentage of Indiana's 6.5 million residents, but large enough to make our collective voice heard and heard LOUDLY.
    Been saying that for a while now. If it's not bowingq to the scred cow of training, it's demanding perfection in safety and ridiculous standards for storage. The number of arguments around here lately that come from the "if it saves one child/life" play book is making me sick. Being free is risky. And sometimes bad things are going to happen. The idea that if something is theoretically preventable it damn well better be prevented is ludicrous. We are painting ourselves into a corner. If we do not allow for human nature, then we will create a unmeetable standard, which will be the gap in the bottom of the tent for the antis.

I should have copied Katies post before I refreshed the page. She edited her post and took out the good stuff about her brother being banned for (hoping I can use the verb form without being banned) t******g. She also deleted a sentence about being related to Gunsite instructors.

I have thought about going to that school to get more training. The other day I ran into an old friend who has been to their course (not sure which). He stopped me in Wal-Mart while I was OCing to talk, it took 30 minutes to get around to I shouldn't OC because it was scaring people, the manager was checking me out, and I would be the first one taken out in a robbery. He was not even carrying.

That explains a few things. Her demeanor aside, I was more disappointed that she refused to own her position in the face of repeated questions. In light of her newly posted location, I also question her integrity a tad.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I find it interesting that somebody with eighteen posts can dress down people that have been site for years.

I should have copied Katies post before I refreshed the page. She edited her post and took out the good stuff about her brother being banned for (hoping I can use the verb form without being banned) t******g. She also deleted a sentence about being related to Gunsite instructors...

Yeah, my first thought was "the truth comes out" a proponent of mandatory training that would (indirectly) benefit financially from it? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I didn't see those comments before she edited them. Not surprising by her statements though.

Has anyone in the Senator's district sent her an email or contacted her in any way? It would be nice to inject some logic into that cavity where a brain usually resides.

KS1956

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Henderson
    I attempted to end it simply. Primarily because you all pretty much feel the same way and I don't relish a 6 on 1 or 7 on 1 discussion. Had this been at a restaurant (or bar), I'm sure we would have been able to see each other's side of the issues quite a bit better.

For your information, I don't know anyone at Gunsite. I do have 2 close relatives at Front Site who are excellent instructors. I won't attend a training session there because they work hard to sell 'memberships' and I have neither the funds nor the interest in getting that involved. I love them dearly, but that is their vocation, not mine, and has nothing to do with the concern I have with low-skill CCW. I'm sorry, that's just the way I feel.

88GT: I attempted to respond to you on your slavery example with Dred Scott/13thA & 14thA, and Plessy v Ferguson/Brown v Bd of Educ. You slammed that response and I felt further dialogue was fruitless. I leave that as your issue, not mine. Point/Counterpoint is the way things should go. Not Point/Shin Kick.

I wish all of you well with your laws and I hope that no one in Indiana is left with the guilt of a bad shoot. Lord knows there are too many because people who refuse to own the responsibility that comes with the 2A.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I attempted to end it simply. Primarily because you all pretty much feel the same way and I don't relish a 6 on 1 or 7 on 1 discussion. Had this been at a restaurant (or bar), I'm sure we would have been able to see each other's side of the issues quite a bit better.

For your information, I don't know anyone at Gunsite. I do have 2 close relatives at Front Site who are excellent instructors. I won't attend a training session there because they work hard to sell 'memberships' and I have neither the funds nor the interest in getting that involved. I love them dearly, but that is their vocation, not mine, and has nothing to do with the concern I have with low-skill CCW. I'm sorry, that's just the way I feel.

88GT: I attempted to respond to you on your slavery example with Dred Scott/13thA & 14thA, and Plessy v Ferguson/Brown v Bd of Educ. You slammed that response and I felt further dialogue was fruitless. I leave that as your issue, not mine. Point/Counterpoint is the way things should go. Not Point/Shin Kick.

I wish all of you well with your laws and I hope that no one in Indiana is left with the guilt of a bad shoot. Lord knows there are too many because people who refuse to own the responsibility that comes with the 2A.

There will always be bad shoots, mandatory training or not. Surely you can see that.

KS1956

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Henderson
    There will always be bad shoots, mandatory training or not. Surely you can see that.

What I see is that the hard liners will have a sisyphean task convincing the majority of gun owners on this "no mandatory training" position. I wish I could say "good luck", but I don't agree with you.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The government does everything that they do so well that we just need to give them authority over everything, no football, no soccer no guns no nothing.

You don't smoke so it is your opinion that no one should be allowed.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    The government does everything that they do so well that we just need to give them authority over everything, no football, no soccer no guns no nothing.

You don't smoke so it is your opinion that no one should be allowed.

i like this point, and i am a smoker. because i think a society would be better if it chose not to smoke, rather than be forced not to smoke.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I did smoke, I quit because it was not good for me. I get sick from the smell now. I would not eat at some restaurants that didn't have good ventilation.

It frosts me that laws forbidding property owners from allowing their customers to smoke if they like. Now short shanks is wanting to outlaw e cigarettes in the same way.

Personally I wish that all smokers would quit.

I wish all gun enthusiasts would get the best training they are able.

That said, I am not a statist. I may start calling myself a minarchist. Thanks Bill.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom