• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yup, and it is about as worthless as used toilet paper.

Does anyone really think that congresscritters like Pete Visclosky will pay any attention to the message this sends? Heck even Dick Lugar wouldn't waste his time to blow his nose on this one.

While I love the concept, I hope that OUR STATE legislators & Governor cut the balls off the folks we send to Washington and send back their federal money, federal mandates and federal regulations. I just don't see it happening until we, the people, remind them about 1000 times EXACTLY what this resolution is supposed to stand for. Until that happens this is nothing but a populist and non-binding resolution that is going to get ignored by every politician at the federal level.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Our governor return federal dollars? Never, in fact he couldn't wait to get his cut of the "stimulous" money. I would love to hear him just once say to the feds that he (we) doesn't want that money, but that will never happen. All he wants to do is suck all the money from us that he can, and if state sovereignty gets in the way, he will veto it.

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    I hope this isn't the case, but I'm afraid you're right. Gov Daniels loves to suck on the government teat. He jumped all over REAL ID simply because the fed gov wanted it done and said that noncompliance would result in loss of federal $$$.

Eisman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    I have been a Hoosier all my life and have never been so proud!

I have been a Hoosier all my life and have never been so proud. When a small mid western State takes the time to remind the Federal Govt. that we will reserve our rights granted to us under the Constitution, that makes me proud.:patriot:

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Yup, and it is about as worthless as used toilet paper.

Does anyone really think that congresscritters like Pete Visclosky will pay any attention to the message this sends? Heck even Dick Lugar wouldn't waste his time to blow his nose on this one.

While I love the concept, I hope that OUR STATE legislators & Governor cut the balls off the folks we send to Washington and send back their federal money, federal mandates and federal regulations. I just don't see it happening until we, the people, remind them about 1000 times EXACTLY what this resolution is supposed to stand for. Until that happens this is nothing but a populist and non-binding resolution that is going to get ignored by every politician at the federal level.

I fear you are correct...

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Repeal the 17th? I don't know, but if you could get the 16th repealed you probably get a lot of things done.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Several states passed these same kind of resolutions in about 1860.

They all got them shoved right up their states "assembly" and the country has never been free of federal domination since.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    year

Several states passed these same kind of resolutions in about 1860.

They all got them shoved right up their states "assembly" and the country has never been free of federal domination since.

State power was really broken after the summer of 1787.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    From my reading the 10th is a Closing statement. Every thing after it is Null and Void in my opinion.

Top Bottom