• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    They should invest in Liberal Hippie repellent before passing anything! You know that'll attract all the pot loving hippie liberals in California.
    If you expose a Hippie to a gun you will find that most are about 54% Libertarian. It is like a seed just waiting to be nurtured. Show them warmth and love and they will come over to the dark side. They also like AR's because they are kind of like Legos, you can build them any way you want.

Regardless, I agree with the article.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Alcohol is a far more potent and damaging drug, and also addictive. I have watched alcohol ruin lives of people I am close to. But I recognize addiction as being a medical and family issue, not a government concern.
    Alcohol is a poison but no one wants to hear that they are drinking poison.

Alcohol is a fuel, cleaner, fire starter, deodorizer, sanitizer and sterilizer. No one buys things to drink with those terms on the label, except addicts. It is also the main ingredient in alcohol poisoning. The crap dissolves glue and can be used to dissolve or extract many substances. Yet it is better than pot?

I don't use the **** but I find it astounding we are at war with a plant and often compare it to alcohol.

chris46131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Franklin
    The thing i rarely hear about is how anybody proposes to balance out legalization of these substances with harsher penalties for irresponsible use. What i mean is, i think people should do what they want in their own homes. Until it affects ME. You want to sit around and get high...what do i care? But you get coked up and cause a car accident and kill someone...no second chances...march your a** straight to the gallows. And yes i would support the same penalty for drunk driving fatalities. Nobody gets liquored up and gets behind the wheel by accident.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    I saw a show on this debate many years ago and one of the issues would be determining level of intoxication like you can with alcohol.

I don't see the big deal in legalizing it, yet another tax revenue. If they were truly serious about legalizing it they would look at civalized cities / countries where it is legal and take notes on tax revenue vs health concerns.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I saw a show on this debate many years ago and one of the issues would be determining level of intoxication like you can with alcohol.

I don't see the big deal in legalizing it, yet another tax revenue. If they were truly serious about legalizing it they would look at civalized cities / countries where it is legal and take notes on tax revenue vs health concerns.

The same problem exists with alcohol. They can measure BAC, but that is not necessarily an indicator of intoxication or a level thereof.

The prosecutor will still try people on intoxication, even if they are below the "legal limit" on the breathalyzer.

I sat on a jury for one of these cases. .07, but they threw the book at him. The max BAC is more a way to nail you to the wall even if you aren't acting intoxicated than it is an indicator of being "drunk".

Back to the personal danger crowd, though it won't get you high, aspirin is more dangerous to the user than cannabis.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    If it does happen, drug dogs will all of a sudden learn how to tell the difference between a small amount of pot and a large amount.

Just sayin'.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I consider the War on Drugs to be one of the biggest legislative problems in the county. It clogs our courts, fills our prisons, militarizes the police, pushes the limits of the privacy, ruins millions of lives, costs taxpayers billions, encourages drug use, promotes violence, empowers cartels and smuggling, breeds government corruption, and ultimately rolls out the carpet for a police state. Its a giant money pit and a statist's dream. Its way past time to end these horrible laws.

Good points. Law and morality are two separate things: I may consider it morally wrong and medically unwise to use drugs, but that doesn't mean criminalizing them is the most practical way to limit the damages of drug use. The "side effects" that Rambone lists above are worse than the "cure." It's time we try a different treatment.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    You already do. People have been driving around high for years. Has it caused much of a problem for you?
    ththhappy.gif

Not at all, you?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Exactly. Of course some people fail to realise how much time and money is eaten up prosecuting these minor possession raps. I'm sure that cops like Denny and Frank would rather write up a ticket than have to arrest and process someone. Add in the absolute havoc it wreaks on peoples lives and fortunes and it will more than pay for itself. The senator is on the right track.

It would take less time to issue the ticket than make a physical arrest, thats for sure. Delivering it to the property room still takes me out of service for a little while though. I won't be mad if possession of a small amount of weed is dropped down to an infraction. Heck, half the time I just dispose of negligible amounts, especially if the possessor doesn't have a prior conviction.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Number of recorded cases of deaths caused by marijuana overdose, ever: 0

Number of deaths from consumption of alcohol alone, i.e. "Alcohol Poisoning": ≈1350/yr
    (data compiled consists of years 1996 - 1998, the most recent clinical report I could locate quickly) Link

Addendum: Marinol, the FDA approved pharmaceutical replacement for marijuana, has killed people.

Top Bottom