• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Hey guys i know there are probably a bunch of you that are going to be shooting it this year at various levels. I am trying to get a list going of the members going and where abouts they are coming from to hopefully work out either car pooling or at least some help for new guys (like myself, new to competition but not to shooting).

I will be making most of the events that are not on saturdays due to work.

I am going to be shooting a Smith and Wesson Magpul edition AR15, Mossberg 930 JM pr, and a Sig p226.

Lets get a list going and try and help each other out.

2zipooy.jpg

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Forgot to mention i'm an armorer for M&P pistols, Sig Sauer Classic series, Glock, 1911, and AR15/10 so ill provide the support i can for those platforms at events.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I'm planning on making as many as I can. Second year for me, so I'm still working the kinks out. Hit me up if you want to carpool (I'm only a few minutes from Huntertown ) or if you want to try any gear out. Planning on practicing some this year as well.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    For the kind of shooting that you'll see at matches, I think Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Gun Club in Harlan and Hillside down in Roanoke will be the two real range options. I don't know of any other options with room and the freedom to do that sort of shooting. Unless somebody has access to something private, that is. For me, pistol and long range rifle are the two things I really need work on. Hoping to shoot some pistol matches this year as well.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I looked into it last year, as I wouldn't mind giving it a go. But this is the same problem I had last year. According to that schedule, all but 3 are on a Sunday. Not going to work for those who take Sunday to worship. Hopefully they take that into account in the future, or someone starts a different series.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The big thing i need to work on is shotgun. i pretty much dont shoot shotguns. Rifle is easily going to be my strongest event.

And to woobie if it were on saturdays i cannot take off work to compete. simply couldnt do it.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I would love to join in. I stop in at ZX from time to time. I'm sure I have spoken to one or both of you at times. I plan on getting some sights for m&p soon and will probably bring it in. I sold my mossberg but I have been looking for another, even if it's a pump. Have you thought about doing a USPA/IDPA?

I shoot just inside Ohio and they have a rifle range out to 300 and a shotgun and pistol range. I'm sure something could be done there.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I looked into it last year, as I wouldn't mind giving it a go. But this is the same problem I had last year. According to that schedule, all but 3 are on a Sunday. Not going to work for those who take Sunday to worship. Hopefully they take that into account in the future, or someone starts a different series.
    Check the calender posted above, there are 3 Saturday dates this year at South Central Gun Club. I'd say if you want more Saturday matches, make sure and show up to those and let the match directors know those work better for you.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    The big thing i need to work on is shotgun. i pretty much dont shoot shotguns. Rifle is easily going to be my strongest event.

And to woobie if it were on saturdays i cannot take off work to compete. simply couldnt do it.
    I think everybody struggles with shotgun, loading especially. Pick a method and the gear to hold your shells, and practice like heck. That was the hardest for me, was picking caddies and not throwing shotgun shells all over the range! :D

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ZX just helped me with a rifle build I'm working on. Needed a barrel nut and stopped in there this week. Thanks guys :)

As for the 3gun season, it will be a busy one for sure. I'm planning on shooting most, if not all of the Hillside events(close to home) and definitely at least one at each of the other places, schedule depending. I have to split my time this year between 3gun, helping run the USPSA matches at Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver and this year I'm delving into more long range precision stuff and shooting some F-Class for work.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    we had discussed Saturdays, but it comes down to the clubs. They (clubs) will not allow Saturday shut downs as those are their busiest days for customers and members and therefore will not allow Saturday shut downs for events.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    According to that schedule, all but 3 are on a Sunday. Not going to work for those who take Sunday to worship.

Sometimes, you just have to decide what your priorities are. Church happens EVERY sunday for the rest of your life. Ask yourself what you will regret NOT doing when you look back on your life when you're old.

Vespid_Wasp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009

The Sunday dates are ideal for many because of how busy Saturdays are for those with long work schedules, people with children in sports and activities, et al. I personally really like the Sunday shoots. We go to church on Saturday evening if I'm shooting on a Sunday.

KagA152

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 18, 2013
    Freetown
    I will be trying to shoot as many of these as I can make it to. If anybody else south of Indy would be interested in car pooling to the northern events I'd be down. I live just down the road from South Central Gun Club so I'll be at every one of those.

Also for anybody interested in Saturday 3 Gun events I plan on going to Lexington and Owensboro for their events and would be willing to car pool.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom