• ...and so much more!
  • Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    I apologize in advance if this hits a nerve with anyone. That is not my intention. But I have a few questions about the Indiana Militia:

1. Is anyone a member?
    2. Has anyone had any good/bad/indifferent experiences?
    3. What the heck do they do?
    4. Why haven't I been contacted? I filled out paperwork twice to be contacted about information and have not heard back from anyone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Everyone, male and female, here over 17 is a member.

A militia shall be provided and shall consist of all persons over the age of seventeen (17) years, except those persons who may be exempted by the laws of the United States or of this state. The militia may be divided into active and inactive classes and consist of such military organizations as may be provided by law.

Art. XII, §1, Ind. Const.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    1. Is anyone a member? I cannot confirm nor deny....
    2. Has anyone had any good/bad/indifferent experiences? All my experiences are good, even the bad ones.
    3. What the heck do they do? Work at the mall, and practice ninja stuff.
    4. Why haven't I been contacted? They are watching you right now... No! don't look right at them, it makes them nervous! When the blue dog barks, the robin will eat the worm.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    They kind of resemble the Nuge

militia.gif

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I apologize in advance if this hits a nerve with anyone. That is not my intention. But I have a few questions about the Indiana Militia:

1. Is anyone a member?
    2. Has anyone had any good/bad/indifferent experiences?
    3. What the heck do they do?
    4. Why haven't I been contacted? I filled out paperwork twice to be contacted about information and have not heard back from anyone.

Are you talking about the ICVM?

I haven't looked through their site in a few years. Last I checked it appeared that they sit around thinking of more reasons to be paranoid.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I actually emailed and asked for information because I was curious as well. Never got a reply. Makes me wonder. I'm not sure I would be interested joining, but I was interested in more information. I sort of forgot about it.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Used to be some down around Spencer. They didn't impress me much. Mostly seemed to want to recruit people so that they would get imaginary rank that they weren't able to earn in any real military.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    We have better training, better food, better fire-power and better funding, with the guys I hang out with at DEER CAMP!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Im not sure what to say... Why would you want to join? They wouldnt be fighting; That'd be left upto the average joe (IMO.)

Anyways, with the recent Govt/media Militia issues, you might be walking into a big can of beans.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Ah... shouldn't that last statement answer your question? Why in the world would you want to join an organization that is the unprofessional. If you want to server the State of Indiana maybe this is for you.
    Indiana Guard Reserve

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Like I said, I was just wondering. I'm not going to go out and go all gung-ho.. just interested for information. I've heard a lot of bad, some good, and a lot of indifferent. Basically, I'm just looking for a group of buddies to go shoot with, maybe do some "survival" stuff and enjoy the great outdoors. Most of my friends are too busy with other things to do said activities. If there's a better option for all of this, I'm all ears. I've been researching some on the Appleseed project. I think I might check that out.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Appleseed is about American heritage and rifle marksmanship, not militia. If militia is what you're looking for, I'd advise you to look elsewhere.

Blessings,
    Bill

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Like I said, I was just wondering. I'm not going to go out and go all gung-ho.. just interested for information. I've heard a lot of bad, some good, and a lot of indifferent. Basically, I'm just looking for a group of buddies to go shoot with, maybe do some "survival" stuff and enjoy the great outdoors. Most of my friends are too busy with other things to do said activities. If there's a better option for all of this, I'm all ears. I've been researching some on the Appleseed project. I think I might check that out.

People on INGO are putting up weekend meets every once in a while for just the things you are talking about. Also, BOR is giving some great advice about shooting Appleseed. Finally, check the forum events section to find several shooting events as well as other events people here are doing.

Top Bottom