• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have been told by a few people that I should get my lifetime carry permit this year because they are getting rid of the lifetime and only doing 4 year terms. Does anyone know or have heard about this? Thanks

that BS has been floating around for years. They still issue them. No plans on stopping. My brother just got his.

RandallX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2012
    hamilton county
    same rumor was passed around when i purchased mine 5 years ago. people tend to have a horrible problem with passing along "knowledge" before it is fact checked.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    There was also an internet rumor about a shortage of Bacon!

I'm ready for that one! :rockwoot:
    FS-B050.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    :runaway: ahhhhh! What are we to do?

I got my Lifetime about 2 months after they began offering them. You had to wait until your current license had less than 6 months to expiration to be eligible to apply for the Lifetime.

I had 8 months left on my current license, so I had to wait 2 months. At that time it took upwards of 12 weeks! to get your license.
    No computers, no on-line applications, no L-1 fingerprinting.

You had to type out your application and hand deliver it to your local authority, along with a money order (no cash- NO CHECKS, no credit cards) for the locals, and another money order for the state. Locals took your fingerprints and submitted your application to the state. Wait 12+ weeks and you were good to go!

Even though you had to endure all the aforementioned "hardships" to obtain your Lifetime license, I found all of that more desirable than repeating the process every four years.

My experience was close to yours. I applied for mine 3 months after it was offered and it took about 9 weeks to receive the LTCH. But man it is much nicer not having to do anything to apply every four years.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    No, it is being abolished. They are also taking everyone with a permit to the fema deathcamp in Avon, all ammunition is being outlawed by obama, deathpanels have been formed to decide who lives and who dies on obamacare and Obama is going to declare marshal law in January to retain the presidency indefinately.

Oh, and the pentagon was hit by a cruise missile and the twin towers were hit by military jets.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We've seen some persistent rumors in the past, but the "better get your lifetime LtCH now because they're going away" has endured beyond reasonable expectation.

Are people purposely continuing to spread this rumor for some reason that is not apparent to me? How do they benefit from it? WHY WON'T IT DIE?

Richard Gere's gerbil and Rod Stewart's stomach contents faded easier!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    We've seen some persistent rumors in the past, but the "better get your lifetime LtCH now because they're going away" has endured beyond reasonable expectation.

Are people purposely continuing to spread this rumor for some reason that is not apparent to me? How do they benefit from it? WHY WON'T IT DIE?

Richard Gere's gerbil and Rod Stewart's stomach contents faded easier!

Those weren't rumors. :rolleyes:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Guys this is one of INGO's favored rumors to debunk and a favorite way for those working for their 50 quality posts to get one in. Please dont ever let this rumor die. I look forward to seeing it revived every couple of weeks. ;)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Guys this is one of INGO's favored rumors to debunk and a favorite way for those working for their 50 quality posts to get one in. Please dont ever let this rumor die. I look forward to seeing it revived every couple of weeks. ;)

50 Quality Posts?

That's just a old Rumor. :n00b:

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Not Marshall Law, Martian Law. The law of the Red Planet, enforced by [strike]Sir Phobos and Sir Deimos, Knights of Mars;[/strike] Marvin, beater of ass.

200px-Marvinthemartain.jpg

:):

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    Getting your lifetime LTCH is strictly a $$ and hassle saver. Occasionally they get rid of the lifetime and then it comes back again so if you are getting one and can afford the lifetime option go for it.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Occasionally they get rid of the lifetime and then it comes back again so if you are getting one and can afford the lifetime option go for it.

Huh? They haven't gotten rid of it occasionally. It would take an act of the IN legislature to do so. It's been available since the law went into effect.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Occasionally they get rid of the lifetime and then it comes back again so if you are getting one and can afford the lifetime option go for it.

This is why we need neg rep back. People can't really be this...umm.... "mentally challenged" can they? Who sits and makes this stuff up? :n00b:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom