• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willytlucas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Boone
    Ok so considering I have only gone hunting once thirteen years ago I have been out of the loop. What is "Right to Hunt" mean?

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    The issue here is that liberal groups such as PETA want to scream and draw attention and get their twisted way on everything. They want to stop people from hunting and fishing. Also, there have been a number of cases in Indiana where new housing additions were built next to decades old farms (mostly livestock). The new neighbors, being from the big city, couldn't handle the farm smells and sounds and screamed bloody murder wanting the farmers shut down. Forget the fact that the farmer was there first. This new amendment would put a stop to these kinds of activities.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Lol a farmer on there is like... I am a farmer and nobody ever told me I couldn't farm so why do we need this law exactly? Funny stuff
    Another person was saying there are more important things the state should be doing.
    And my favorite one from the conspiracy theorist about how it's backing corporate big farm interests, and we should read the fine print.

I have never heard of this amendment before, does this impact anything with the DNR and hunting/fishing licenses and regulations? I am assuming not, but was unsure.
    Shoot, does this mean we have to change the phrase hunting is not a right, it's a privilege :D

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    Shoot, does this mean we have to change the phrase hunting is not a right, it's a privilege :D

Happily yes!

With it written as an amendment in to the State constitution, no one can take the right away especially via lobbying groups having legislators introducing law that would eventually your ability to do it.

The writters of the US constitution had a similar problem. Some wanted a Bill of Rights in it, some didn't. Those that want it didn't saw it as not necessarily a way to ensure your rights, but a way for the government to state that your rights are ONLY those guaranteed by the Bill of Rights. They believed that it could be used to limit your rights.

Top Bottom