• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    As far as I'm concerned, this is a no-brainer, as assisted opening knives (and even some typical folders) relegated irrelevant ANY 'advantage' an auto-knife ever had. And even MORE of a no-brainer for ANYONE with an LTCH.

Personally, even as an LEO, if/when I would check someone for a valid LTCH, if they were good-to-go on that, I cared not-at-all if they had 13 switchblades on their person.

It's a dumb law, it's ALWAYS BEEN a dumb law, and should be repealed 'cause it never shoulda been on the books in the first damn place.

Oh, and a 'p.s.' - And I don't CARE if you have 'no need to own a switchblade', or even have a hatred of switchblades, or even if *I* don't have a need or hated them (I don't).

SOME people DO have a legitimate need, and that's it and that's all.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Well I just called Rep. Bill Davis with hope of getting this bill out of Public Policy committee that he chairs. Anyone else want to call? His direct line (:edit: in Indy) (317) 234-3827

Last edited:

2500ekW

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    His campaign website states that his district phone number is 260-726-4727. This also seems to be his home phone number. I left a voicemail for Mr. and Mrs. Davis :)

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Well I just called Rep. Bill Davis with hope of getting this bill out of Public Policy committee that he chairs. Anyone else want to call? His direct line: (317) 234-3827

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but since the legislative session ended last Friday (March 29th) and the bill didn't get called up for vote in the house, isn't it a dead issue/dead bill at this point or does the bill get an extended life since it was put into a committee? :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but since the legislative session ended last Friday (March 29th) and the bill didn't get called up for vote in the house, isn't it a dead issue/dead bill at this point or does the bill get an extended life since it was put into a committee? :dunno:

I *think* that is what it means :(.

Now, Brad go change your avatar pic, if I keep seeing that strider I will end up wanting one... So, what model is it? price? :xmad::D

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.

:scratch: the last day according to the Indiana General Assembly website for bill reading in the House is April 15th http://www.in.gov/legislative/pdf/2013_session_lng.pdf

Session ends April 29th :thumbsup:

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    His campaign website states that his district phone number is 260-726-4727. This also seems to be his home phone number. I left a voicemail for Mr. and Mrs. Davis :)

I'm guessing that is his home number, but seeing how he's in Indy I figure it would be eaiser to get a message to him through his Indy office.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I wrote the Committee Chair Davis and Speaker Bosma again and asked they push this to the floor for a vote.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Come on guys pick up the phone and dial. Don't let this right get passed by because we failed to get enough people to care and pick up a damn phone. People are in **** holes of the world to protect our freedoms and some are 6ft under ground. Pick up the phone for freedom!!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Received this. The Bill is Dead again..

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Speaker regarding knives with automatic blades. He appreciates you sharing your thoughts with him and he asked that I respond to you on his behalf.

As you may know, SB 181 passed out of the Senate with a vote of 47-0. The bill was then sent to the House and referred to the House Committee on Public Policy. The Chairman, Representative Bill Davis, has the discretion to decide which bills are heard in his committee. Unfortunately, the bill did not pass prior to the committee report deadline. Thus, the bill is essentially dead. If this topic is addressed in future legislation, the Speaker will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact the Speaker. Please do not hesitate to share your views in the future on issues that are of importance to you.

Sincerely,

Alecia Nafziger
    Deputy Staff Director and
    Legislative Assistant to the Speaker
    200 W. Washington Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    (317) 232-9677

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Speaker regarding knives with automatic blades. He appreciates you sharing your thoughts with him and he asked that I respond to you on his behalf.

As you may know, SB 181 passed out of the Senate with a vote of 47-0. The bill was then sent to the House and referred to the House Committee on Public Policy. The Chairman, Representative Bill Davis, has the discretion to decide which bills are heard in his committee. Unfortunately, the bill did not pass prior to the committee report deadline. Thus, the bill is essentially dead. If this topic is addressed in future legislation, the Speaker will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact the Speaker. Please do not hesitate to share your views in the future on issues that are of importance to you.

Sincerely,

Alecia Nafziger
    Deputy Staff Director and
    Legislative Assistant to the Speaker
    200 W. Washington Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    (317) 232-9677

form letter I just got the same one!

Top Bottom