• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wait until CBS News realizes that the numbers they used, as "horrific" as they are, are a small fraction of what's really out there. BU WHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

The Left/Eastblishment Media has no idea the sheer volume of guns that Americans own. So, when 92K was thrown about, it made perfect sense in their tiny brains. "Boy, 92,000 is a big number, so that must be right." There are 92,000 guns just in Tippecanoe County.

Reminds me of reading a Robert Conquest book in undergrad "What to Do When the Russians Come". We read it for a 200 level Soviet politics class. In the book it listed the number of guns as 9 million.

I brought this up with the professor and he was physically stunned (he had to sit down) when I told him that Americans owned over 300 million firearms and did not "leave them at gun club lockers" (Conquest claimed that American firearms were stored in gun clubs as in Europe). Making a professor ill over guns was one of the highlights of my undergrad career.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The Left/Eastblishment Media has no idea the sheer volume of guns that Americans own. So, when 92K was thrown about, it made perfect sense in their tiny brains. "Boy, 92,000 is a big number, so that must be right." There are 92,000 guns just in Tippecanoe County.

Reminds me of reading a Robert Conquest book in undergrad "What to Do When the Russians Come". We read it for a 200 level Soviet politics class. In the book it listed the number of guns as 9 million.

I brought this up with the professor and he was physically stunned (he had to sit down) when I told him that Americans owned over 300 million firearms and did not "leave them at gun club lockers" (Conquest claimed that American firearms were stored in gun clubs as in Europe). Making a professor ill over guns was one of the highlights of my undergrad career.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kirk Freeman again."

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I'm apparently doing my part so well that they used a picture of my daughter and me at the NRA convention looking at guns! :draw:

And yeah, the numbers are a bit low...or there are 4000 other Hoosiers out there who need to go buy a gun so they can start catching up; and that's just me.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Read those numbers and chuckled. They have no clue - none whatsoever. So assuming CBS employees are not complete incompetent idiots...is there any reason they'd purposefully do such a poor job? Can't think of any...

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I don't know, but thinking that Washington DC is the second most heavily armed (legally) area of the country takes a special kind of stupid.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I'm guessing nobody associated with that report owns a gun, knows someone who owns a gun, or discussed guns outside of rote recitations of liberal talking points. They obviously don't know anything about the subject but that seems to hinder them not at all when it comes to publically writing about it.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I don't know, but thinking that Washington DC is the second most heavily armed (legally) area of the country takes a special kind of stupid.

Hey...maybe there's my answer! They know they have little to no affect in states like Indiana...so, maybe if they can convince more no-nothings that DC is WAY too heavily armed, they can get even more legislation passed to further restrict gun ownership there. Remember their recent scare from the circuit court forcing them to allow carry for ... like...a day?

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

Do you know that inside of the DC Beltway I believe there is about 140 + - different Law Enforcement Agencys ? That's alot of firearms..

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I'm apparently doing my part so well that they used a picture of my daughter and me at the NRA convention looking at guns! :draw:

And yeah, the numbers are a bit low...or there are 4000 other Hoosiers out there who need to go buy a gun so they can start catching up; and that's just me.

Thor is older than I thought....

Also, I need 10.1 more to lose in a boating accident (Dang Tsunami, wasn't expecting one of those when I went fishing in that one pond...)

Top Bottom