• ...and so much more!
  • Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    :rolleyes: Puleease...

The only thing that happened in 2003, was when the Democrats fled Texas into NM.

Now don't act like Republicans have never done anything like this. Perhaps it wasn't the Indiana Republicans, but this sort of thing goes all the way back to Abe Lincoln jumping out a window to prevent a vote.

Indiana Republicans have walked out of the ROOM before, however, they never even left the statehouse, let alone the state.

And this means what? No quorum is no quorum. If you try, you can find a video on YouTube of the Republicans in DC staging a very dramatic walkout.

They promptly returned to work the next day. What the democrats have done has never been done before in the state of indiana. That is, fleeing their home state like a group of cowardly crybabies who can't get their way.

Lot of crying going on from both sides. In the past the opposing party took the point and moved on. This time they've vowed to hold out until they get their way. That's just the tyranny of the majority. Nothing to brag about there.

Get your facts straight...if you do a simple google search all will be made clear.

Everyone needs to get their facts straight. Google search results are dependent upon what terms you search for. Most folks like to stop when they get what they're looking for.

The Republicans are trying to bust the unions. They're not concerned with any other issue. As long as they are intent upon forcing that issue I say let the Democrats stay away. Better yet, let the Republicans join them. Both parties are pretty much trash, anyway.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The fine is purely theatrics for the media and the sheeple. Once they return they will pass a resolution or tack an amendment on a bill nullifying the fines and then they'll all slap each other on the back and laugh at how they pulled another fast one on us.:noway:

Bazooka Joe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    South Central Indiana
    The fine is purely theatrics for the media and the sheeple. Once they return they will pass a resolution or tack an amendment on a bill nullifying the fines and then they'll all slap each other on the back and laugh at how they pulled another fast one on us.:noway:

This is exactly what they have done in the past! Not really worth the paper it is written on.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Uh, actually they're probably doing what the folks who elected them want. If they don't walk out the Republicans will snowball the Legislature. Democrats probably wouldn't want that.

Republicans may well be upset, but I'm betting Democrats are pretty happy overall.

I'm happy. I dislike both parties. Both are worthless. Under the current situation nothing's getting done. Sounds good to me.

Now if the Republicans in the Legislature would do what has happened in previous walkouts - drop the contentious legislation and move on to get the State's business done -, I'm betting those pesky Dems would return.

Want some pro-gun laws passed? Call the Republicans and tell 'em to drop the Union Busting legislation and move on.

rmoore911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    SE Indy
    how long has it been since most of these people showed up for work? i need to see a doctor's note, if i miss 2 days in a row without a note, i'm subject to being fired, so should these people.

Top Bottom