• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Someone here, maybe Fenway, recommended in a thread that it would be a good purchase, so I bought it! I found it at Amazon being sold by a 3rd party seller. When it arrived, it came in a box with a lawyer's label and a lawyer's business card in the book and the book was in NEW condition. I paid $24.95 IIRC plus shipping.

Turns out, the 3rd party seller is the author himself.

After I read it, I'll let you know my thoughts.

4438907640_0351789d93_b.jpg

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Here's the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/shops/storefront/index.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sellerID=A2K6YTQ6FU7AFW"]seller's page on Amazon[/ame]. I thoroughly recommend buying.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Just ordered a copy from Amazon. Didn't these used to be very expensive, I think that is why I didn't order one before when the recommendation was made here in the forum. At any rate it will be good to get a copy.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    I recommend that you also purchase the first edition. The two editions are complementary. That is, the second edition expands on the first edition instead of replacing it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've got both the first and second additions shortly after I got my LTCH. Highly recommend it especially since it's like a "Gun Laws for Dummies" type book. Not really for dummies, but a great reference for all of us.

EDIT: Yea, I didn't look at the date of the other thread. :dunno: :facepalm:

Last edited:

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Excellent book! The problem with it though is that if everyone here read it, the number of new threads would decline.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    :+1: I think it's a very valuable book...I was impressed enough that I wrote down his name and office phone number on a piece of paper that I carry next to my LTCH. I earnestly hope that I will never have to use any of my firearms for anything but practice and target shooting...but if it were ever to come to that, I would want an attorney like him to be pulling for me.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Just received the second edition today. I should have gotten this book a long time ago. Is impressive. Now I have a question. Exactly what is in the first edition that is not in the second edition? Do I need the first edition?

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Get bopth the first edition (blue cover) and the Second Edition (red cover) if you can. The second edition expands on the first and covers some changes in the law. For the real info, you need both. Worth several times the price.
    I agree with earlier poster, if all INGO members would read these, there would be far fewer posts with the same old basic questions. Should be required reading for all LTCH holders or at least those who want to stay out of jail. I reread mine at least once a year.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Just ordered - If this is half is good as people post, this SHOULD be mandatory reading for Indiana LTCH. Looking forward to my copy in a few days or so.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    Here is the 2nd edition table of contents. It doesn't do it complete justice but gives a general idea of what's contained. Finding a law book this inexpensive is unheard of, just ask any 1st year law student. ;)

picture.php

Top Bottom