• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    What does kneeling do? It makes you uncomfortable, and (as evidenced here) makes you talk about their act.

It makes me less likely to support their cause.
    It makes me dislike them.
    It makes me more likely to judge them.
    I now won't spit on them if i find them burning.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Wish ill will on someone that hasn't done you harm, nor anybody else, because you don't agree with their form of protest. I can only assume you arent a Christian.

Why yes, I am a Christian. Perhaps not the best one, as I am also a sinner. Glad to see you feel comfy throwing the first stone. You see, when people do stupid and disrespectful things, they often do not learn from their mistakes unless is causes them some form of pain that they can relate to as having been caused by their own actions. I know, I've done stupid crap in the past, and it has bit me on the butt. Most of the time I have learned from it. Like a child in need of a spanking, these "professional" athletes need to learn how to treat others. I want them to learn. Yes I wish them "ill will" so to speak, but I also pray for them.

I also happen to be an American combat veteran who is suffering from his injuries due to an IED explosion in Iraq 11 years ago. I have lost brothers and sisters fighting to give others the freedom we (and these players) enjoy under that flag. In effect, they have indeed done me harm. Like a crying liberal... I feel offended.

The term Karma is misused a lot. It's more properly defined as our actions in this life affecting our next life. It's been co-opted to mean doing good or bad today will affect our lives tomorrow (or at least at some point in the future in this life). I blame John Lennon. ;)

Karma, like a lots of words, seem to have a changing meaning as time goes by. I have never looked it up, but have always heard it to be interpreted as a "what comes around, goes around" or "reap what you sow" kind of deal. Basically, your actions will affect any outcome, and these type of negative and disrespectful actions may one day come back to cost them something, even if it is only the respect they could have got as professional athletes. They probably don't give a crap, but they have lost my respect.

I see karma as the guy who refuses to put down his piece when the cops tell him, then gets plugged. When you behave like an idiot, you kinda have to expect to be treated like one. These women, and many like them, are acting like idiots. One day, it will probably catch up to them. Probably gonna be funny, at least to me...

All these other idiots out there on the news rioting because some idiot acted like an idiot to the cops, and got shot... well, they'll get theirs too one day, but that is another thread...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why yes, I am a Christian. Perhaps not the best one, as I am also a sinner. Glad to see you feel comfy throwing the first stone. You see, when people do stupid and disrespectful things, they often do not learn from their mistakes unless is causes them some form of pain that they can relate to as having been caused by their own actions. I know, I've done stupid crap in the past, and it has bit me on the butt. Most of the time I have learned from it. Like a child in need of a spanking, these "professional" athletes need to learn how to treat others. I want them to learn. Yes I wish them "ill will" so to speak, but I also pray for them

I am not best Christian either. But I can say without reservation, that I have never wished ill on anybody that has not done harm to anyone else. That's not casting a stone (by pointing out how distasteful that comment was) that's pointing out that's not the person a Christian should be. You are more than, and I would welcome, any such admonishment, to myself, if you ever see something similar.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Some say karma, others "what goes around comes around". In Christianity it is the "Law of Reciprocity".

• Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

• Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
    • Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'll put this simply. Protesting the national anthem because some cops have done some bad things is like picketing outside a random hospital because Josef Mengele was a doctor.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    What does kneeling do? It makes you uncomfortable, and (as evidenced here) makes you talk about their act.

It does not make me "uncomfortable". I respect their right to express their beliefs. It makes me glad that they lost, so that their act of disrespect to our nation and its principles would not be rewarded.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Some say karma, others "what goes around comes around". In Christianity it is the "Law of Reciprocity".

• Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

• Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
    • Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

So just so I getting this straight, God is going to punish people in the afterlife for kneeling during the National Anthem? OR you are saying that what people "sow" in the earthly world, they will also "reap" here as well, which literally translates to the poor are poor due to God's wrath, and the rich are rich due to gaining his favor.
    Churchmouse, forget the Cheeseburger summit, we need a Sunday School Summit.

Sorry, but this one of the few times that INGO has me utterly baffled.... and that's saying a LOT

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So just so I getting this straight, God is going to punish people in the afterlife for kneeling during the National Anthem? OR you are saying that what people "sow" in the earthly world, they will also "reap" here as well, which literally translates to the poor are poor due to God's wrath, and the rich are rich due to gaining his favor.

Sorry, but this one of the few times that INGO has me utterly baffled.... and that's saying a LOT

I look at it a bit differently. Colin Kaepernick has sown seeds of disrespecting our nation and a symbol of the principles of our nation, and in return has reaped societal opprobrium for that disrespect. Many have rightly pointed out that Kaep recently converted to a religion that far more oppresses rights in the countries it controls, than does the US - and have drawn a logical conclusion that his "protest" is something less than sincere. Coincidentally, he has also sown seeds of poor quarterback play, and in return has reaped being benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert.

It has nothing to do with salvation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I look at it a bit differently. Colin Kaepernick has sown seeds of disrespecting our nation and a symbol of the principles of our nation, and in return has reaped societal opprobrium for that disrespect. Many have rightly pointed out that Kaep recently converted to a religion that far more oppresses rights in the countries it controls, than does the US - and have drawn a logical conclusion that his "protest" is something less than sincere. Coincidentally, he has also sown seeds of poor quarterback play, and in return has reaped being benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert.

It has nothing to do with salvation.

So....

Karma... these idiots are gonna get slapped in the face with it one day.

I hope.

Means "I hope society admonishes them appropriately, via a figurative slap in the face?"

And BTW, Kap didn't convert.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

No saved person pays for their sins in the "afterlife" and no unsaved person pays for their sins in the "afterlife".

Those who accept the free gift of eternal life go to Heaven when they die and those who reject the free gift of eternal life do not.

Everyone pays here , I speed I get a ticket. You speed you get a ticket. If you were nice to people they would like you. If I were nice to people they would like me. You may not pay today but you will pay. There are penalties here in the nasty now and now.

Maybe you got a spanking for something you did't believe you deserved, well count it for the one you should have gotten but got away with.

EDIT If you are poor it is because you didn't start walking toward an opportunity.

If you were born in a bad place and you did nothing to better yourself don't blame it on GOD.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No saved person pays for their sins in the "afterlife" and no unsaved person pays for their sins in the "afterlife".

Those who accept the free gift of eternal life go to Heaven when they die and those who reject the free gift of eternal life do not.

Everyone pays here , I speed I get a ticket. You speed you get a ticket. If you were nice to people they would like you. If I were nice to people they would like me. You may not pay today but you will pay. There are penalties here in the nasty now and now.

Maybe you got a spanking for something you did't believe you deserved, well count it for the one you should have gotten but got away with.

EDIT If you are poor it is because you didn't start walking toward an opportunity.

If you were born in a bad place and you did nothing to better yourself don't blame it on GOD.

I think we learned different things in Sunday school.

Top Bottom