• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Cool stuff. I've seen and experienced a lot of paranormal stuff. The "scariest" thing I've seen is a full-bodied ghost in full Klansmen sheets. Took me a bit to figure out wtf I had just seen. I also see flashes of light and hear my name getting called loudly sometimes.

There is medication for that, you know.

I wonder about some of y'all. Do you run out of the house screaming when the Snuggles bear talks to you from your evil television?

:):

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    There is medication for that, you know.

I wonder about some of y'all. Do you run out of the house screaming when the Snuggles bear talks to you from your evil television?

:):

The quote in your signature and your comments are a bit ironic considering the definition of enlightened.

1. tolerant of alternative opinions
    2. privy to or claiming a sense of spiritual or religious revelation of truth

You also seem to protest a bit too much, like a person with an experience that they refuse to admit because they are in denial.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    The quote in your signature and your comments are a bit ironic considering the definition of enlightened.

1. tolerant of alternative opinions
    2. privy to or claiming a sense of spiritual or religious revelation of truth

You also seem to protest a bit too much, like a person with an experience that they refuse to admit because they are in denial.

The definition of enlightenment can include either spiritual OR intellectual components, based on your perspective. "Enlightenment" is also an 18th-century philosophical movement stressing the importance of reason and the critical reappraisal of existing ideas and social institutions.

Tolerance has nothing to do with enlightenment. Alternative opinions are accepted, considered and treated with the respect that they deserve based on their merits. It is my position that someone who proclaims to see flashing lights and hear voices calling their name need to see a psychiatrist. These are well documented symptoms of mental illness.

Your "doth protest too much" argument falls flat on its face when you base it off of an internet post humorously poking a stick at those who actually believe in ghosts, goblins, demons and such nonsense. Are we acquainted in real life, or are you a budding psychology major? If protest is an indicator of an opposite position, there sure are a lot of Obama supporters on this forum. :):

Settle down, Francis. :)

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    Tolerance has nothing to do with enlightenment. Alternative opinions are accepted, considered and treated with the respect that they deserve based on their merits. It is my position that someone who proclaims to see flashing lights and hear voices calling their name need to see a psychiatrist. These are well documented symptoms of mental illness.

The respect they REALLY deserve is not always going to correlate with the respect YOU believe they deserve.

There are symptoms of many illnesses that overlap, or simply mean nothing. Two symptoms can be completely unrelated, and do not lead to a diagnosis of ANYTHING. Does someone with a one-time headache need a CT scan? What if he has a headache two times?

A person that has seen flashing lights a few times in their entire life needs a psychiatrist? What happens when a psychiatrist clears the patient of any illness, and the "symptoms" persist?

What if the voice he heard calling his name was recorded on a cassette tape at the same time? Or the flashing lights he saw were captured by a video camera? Is it just as easy for you to mock people that believe there is more to life than here and now, and that there are experiences out there that simply cannot be explained?

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    What if the voice he heard calling his name was recorded on a cassette tape at the same time? Or the flashing lights he saw were captured by a video camera? Is it just as easy for you to mock people that believe there is more to life than here and now, and that there are experiences out there that simply cannot be explained?

What if?
    What if?
    What if?

Unfortunately, a lot of people believe what they want to believe, regardless of evidence. It's generally a futile exercise to argue over such nonsense as ghosts, demons, etc. If you are the type that defaults to "magic" when you don't understand something, then who am I to argue? Have fun, and don't let the gremlins get ya.

I'm out.....Happy Halloween. :)

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Well, time for Sam and Dean to make another visit to Indiana. Castiel can come with them, too. Being an angel and all it would be extremely easy for him. And if nothing else the can always try to let Michael out of Lucifer's pit to help in the fight.

So should that be purple? You decide.

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    What if?
    What if?
    What if?

Unfortunately, a lot of people believe what they want to believe, regardless of evidence. It's generally a futile exercise to argue over such nonsense as ghosts, demons, etc. If you are the type that defaults to "magic" when you don't understand something, then who am I to argue? Have fun, and don't let the gremlins get ya.

I'm out.....Happy Halloween. :)

Those aren't really "What if?" scenarios. It happens all the time. There is documented evidence of "nonsense" such as ghosts, demons, etc. And I have plenty of personal evidence to know for a fact that there are things we can't explain that do exist.

I don't "default" to anything, and I am fairly skeptic as far as these things go. I have been around long enough to discern when there is a natural explanation, and when there just isn't.

You are pretty judgmental and closed-minded for a person that tries to appear so easy-going.

Top Bottom